RIOT Gear

Fruerlund

RIOTs does not happen often but they are not rare either. I've experienced quite a few as Head of Security.

Most often these riots erupt out of nowhere which means security needs to act fast. All too often the riot gear remains in the armory and never sees the light of the day. Instead it's more often used during raids and blobs instead of it's purpose, riot. I believe the reason for this is because of the fact that it is locked away in the armory and not in a "riot-gear room" which means it's way to much of a struggle for the average security officer to actually gain access to this gear without a competent HOS or Warden.

What I am proposing is moving it into a seperate room connected to the armory. What I am also proposing is giving the Warden/HoS the ability to open shutters into this room making it possible for Security Officers to access this riot gear without getting access to the armory.

Picture this

iaqLwhp.png

•  

Easy access for officers.

Still prevents officers from entering the armory.

Only unlockable by a Warden/HoS.

EDIT

Now in this picture the shotguns are both placed in the armory and in the riot gear room. I believe that's a question of balance wether they should be restricted to the armory/replaced with tasers and so on. As is it with the amount of riot gear but that's for discussion.

ANOTHER LAYOUT:

xG4Njge.png

What are your opinions?

Edited by Guest

i do believe the armor / shield should be easier to obtain for security indeed. Putting it behind a warden/hos wall instead of only hos would go a long way toward that.

The shotguns i think are too much, tasers and maybe some kind of flashbang / pepperspray grenades (anything non lethal) would be more than enough to deal with a civilian riot.

I'd say the room should be organized a bit differently.

Pull the lower wall up one and use those sweet armory lockers along the top wall and have reinforced tables with flashes and flashbangs along the lower, with the refill dispensers there instead.

Otherwise, yes!

I don't need that, I don't want that.

Riots usually mean some degree of self-antagging. Riot gear doesn't really protect you from stuns during riots and riot gear = slow speed = unrobust. Considering the experience of our security forces, I'd say that riot gear only makes you a laughing stock. Newcomers may think gear is everything, but in this case it's more of a handicap.

Fruerlund, it'd be cooler to finally reorganize our Bridge. I remember that fantastic design of yours.

Then surely Riot gear should include a degree of stun prevention.

Either way you look at it, when you buff Riot gear, it'll be used all the time by shitcurity. Keep it shite at actual riot stuff, and it'll go unused, but that's outside the scope of this thread.

In terms of the riot gear placement I think that actually looks great Fruer, 10/10 do want.

I'm still far more in favour of a more compact design, preferably with the two eastern sets depicted in this picture as something else (another variety of equipment, or perhaps even the tables could go there).

armoury.png

You could then have the wall chargers in the position where the tables presently are, and put the pepper spray dispenser above the SecVend

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use