AIs and Telecoms

Froststahr

So, many of you have probably seen some AIs have been taking the route of setting everything in telecoms to NULL so they can add in scripts easily. While this practice enables AIs put in their scripts, it can be quite annoying for the crew. It can be worse than annoying as well, it can be dangerous! For example, while an AI had telecoms down to set it all up I was trying to reach a dying scientist to save them, because I couldn't get anybody to open the door, the scientist died and ghosted because it was only minutes later I was able to arrive.

The two solutions are fairly obvious, I prefer the first though.

Set the computer that allows scripts to be put in to the right network by default, this way AIs can put scripts in immediately without having to mess with everything.

Or forbid the AI from messing with the telecoms stuff (not the computer), requiring the assistance of a borg or crew member to set the computer to the right network so scripts can be put in.

I prefer the first, but either works fine.

And while we're talking about AIs, if we have this voice synth, why not a robotic voice synth for announcements?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use