Regarding Admin Complaints

GigglestheClown

Lo, I have been looking at all the admin complaints and I have been thinking what the point is of having them. I will explain :) I have seen the majority of them just turning into immature arguments (yes, from the admins side too) a and it ends up getting locked. A lot of the time it is people being salty after a ban and that's the truth and there is an unban section where they should go, that is all that's needed no need for a massive argument against staff as they will won regardless if they did do something wrong.

Lets say they found that an admin did something wrong for arguments sake, why is it that when an admin made a mistake they need to get punished? We all make mistakes and it is very wrong to just insta ban a player or demote an admin, unless it is obvious it was done intentionally to cause upset.

Tldr; the report an admin section causes arguments from admins and banned players. Admins wouldn't tell us If they did do something wrong, there's a unban appeal section so no need for report an admin

The point of that forum is not so much for the cases where admins make mistakes (because, despite what some of us might tell you, we at least have a shred of humanity in us), but rather for cases of outright abuse of permissions.

Many times, perceived cases of abuse of permissions tends to be a misunderstanding due to perspective, situation, or other biasing factors, and are easily and quickly dispatched as untrue. However, there have been cases in the past where admin complaints have led to investigations into the actions of some of our past admins that uncovered blatant misuse of their powers, and the rescinding of their permissions as a punishment.

Many of our admins would in fact admit to their mistakes; I have personally apologized to players for wrongfully contacting (or in a rare case, banning) them by mistake. However, in the interest of keeping our admins both honest and mindful of their boundaries regarding use of their admin powers, the admins complaint forum is a necessary evil.

I do not foresee it's closure/removal in the future, though I would appreciate that players remain mindful of its purpose and avoid accusing an admin of wrongdoing for ensuring that our players are held to the rules they agreed to follow by continuing to play on our server and as a part of our community.

Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed answer :) this all makes sense tbh, I very much understand. It is usually just something where the admins can see they didn't abuse their power, but if they really did at some point then this is the way of catching them.

As you said, it's a necessary evil, sadly :)

Another good thing about admin complaints is that it gives us an excuse to look through multiple logs for these instances, meaning we can also catch behavior that would otherwise go unnoticed. I have infact caught and had to eventually demote someone because I found a snippet of what they were doing while looking for something else entirely.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use