NeoTokyo - A Forgotten Gaming Masterpiece...

Radman2307

maxresdefault.jpg

Greetings all,

I was browsing through my steam library when I came across 'NeoTokyo' I downloaded it last year when it was finally released on Steam although I had played the game during its initial release in 2009. What can I say about NeoTokyo? Only that it is an amazing achievement in modding, somehow pulling off a slick, cohesive and stylish multiplayer shooter that in my opinion out-does the likes of Counter-Strike.

I'm a madman for all things Cyberpunk and NeoTokyo fits this bill to a tea, the soundtrack is stunning and frankly comes across as something made for a triple A title rather than a lowly Half Life 2 Mod!

The servers are pretty dead but if anyone is interested in setting a game up one day on steam let us know, the soundtrack by the way is available for free YouTube to listen to (I often have it playing in the background during a round of SS13.)

I played Neotokyo a few times and they were pretty enjoyable. You usually don't find that many people playing unless you gather a group of friends for it and since it is free, it's not that hard to accomplish.

And the train map is my favorite from that game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use