Required silly law

Tauka Usanake

What the title says. Basically the fact that no one likes random AI laws that don't cause damage, or they seriously think the AI should do without, just seems a bit demoting to me. Have some fun once in a while! That person with an incurable disease needs some attention. But those might get a little boring in time.

Why not CentComm send in an order to upload an AI law that's silly, maybe as a prank or CC head lost a bet or maybe for a general IC reason or Science. Suppose everyone must wear kitty ears unless they need a helmet for a certain job but only doing that job. Maybe everyone must change their first name to the same one. Maybe a late round or high ghost/observer round everyone must try to own an active pAI. MAYBE everyone has to smoke the weed grown in Hydroponics because NT wants to support a space law verifying the legal use of ambrosia. Heaven forbid CC require multiple AIs be created. And we know how that went.

I want more funny things to happen on the server.

In my opinion it would be stupid to have Central Command send in orders such as that. Let's not forget though, that the Captain has the ability upload the "Freedom" lawset, which allows a person to give AI an unique set of laws (seldom used I'm afraid, but those who do sometimes go overboard).

Sounds a lot like ion laws to me

THE SHUTTLE CAN NOT BE CALLED BECAUSE OF 17 HUNDRED CUBAN SMALL BIRDS

or

THOSE WHO SMELL LIKE THE MAN YOUR MAN COULD SMELL LIKE ARE HARMFUL TO THE CREW

or even better

THE CREW ARE EXTREMELY ALLERGIC TO OXYGEN

why do i never get ion laws

i quite honestly hate it that Command always removes Ion laws before the Ai can do anything. Bunch of those come from us to let the AI have some fun, but there is some huge adversion to letting that happen.

This is my main issue for making this topic. I want the funny laws to stick around. Why can't ion laws be non-removable? Instead it would require a new AI being constructed to remove the problem law. I was thinking, "If we're just going to get rid of the laws right away then let's make some laws that have to stay," but apparently everything is too serious for that. I guess the better choice would be to make ion laws stay with the affected AI.

It's also kind of disappointing that command may not all agree to upload a law just to screw with the rest of the crew. I'd do that.

i quite honestly hate it that Command always removes Ion laws before the Ai can do anything. Bunch of those come from us to let the AI have some fun, but there is some huge adversion to letting that happen.

This is my main issue for making this topic. I want the funny laws to stick around. Why can't ion laws be non-removable? Instead it would require a new AI being constructed to remove the problem law.

When I join as AI I do not want to have artificial limits imposed on what I can do, what I can say or how I can do things. Great - if I were to get hit by a random Ion law and absolutely fucking hated it (because I am here to supercop and be useful, not a superclown), I'd have to LEAVE THE ROUND because there'd be no other way to play without the silly ion law? I admit - sometimes I had fun with the ion law, especially when I wanted to be as obvious as possible that I need a law reset, but command still didn't care. Throwing parties in AI core because secretly you're an amateur ballerina who wants friends... priceless (actually caught a traitor at the party!).

Not all laws are like that, though. And if crew is fine with that, command could decide to keep it. But what if AI really wants that law reset? Push for it, be a nuisance?

It's also kind of disappointing that command may not all agree to upload a law just to screw with the rest of the crew. I'd do that.

AI is a serious role for veteran players. Personally, I'd rather see Command NOT TAMPER WITH MY LAWS while I'm catching dangerous antags or answering important questions asked by crew. Give me one lawset and I will adapt to it so I won't break it, but at the same time - I'll be myself doing things my way. Simon Says anyone?

Silly laws MUST come with AI's consent. And even then they're superfluous - why stick to a rigid law if you can simply have an agreement? This way you won't have to deal with law limitations in emergencies.

Sometimes an AI is acting goofy on its own. It's funny watching Command trying to 'fix' it. If someone wants to roleplay that (with rules and common sense, of course), then I'd rather not be an asshole to that person.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use