cian2066 invalid ban and heal during IC

khornateslayer

Healed during an IC situation.

See my post on your appeal. It is not up to you to decide if the ban is invalid or not, being here is a luxury not a right. If another senior admin deems this ban to be unfair then I will back down.

Healed during an IC situation.

See my post on your appeal. It is not up to you to decide if the ban is invalid or not, being here is a luxury not a right. If another senior admin deems this ban to be unfair then I will back down.

I will wait for another senior admins word before continuing this thread.

First off, in your ban appeal it was shown that there was no admin healing being done, and that the other person was simply reassembled by someone IC on the scene.

Additionally, while I can understand the desire to return equal force, it was not your only course of action. Once you had disarmed him of his axe, you could have easily thrown the axe away to deny him further use of it and prove that you are not a threat to him like he initially thought.

However, you decided to take the lethal route rather than a number of non-lethal alternatives, which is what the excessive force rule is all about. If you can accomplish a task with minimal violence / damage, that is the ideal route.

Making these decisions in the middle of a conflict is difficult, we all know that, however it is still ultimately up to the admin to decide on whether or not you went too far. Based on the logs you provided in your appeal, you clearly hit him far more than he hit you, after having effectively threatened the captain with death. I'm going to stand by Cian's verdict on the ban, which was also rather light given the circumstances. Given that both parties were talked to and banned, I can hardly share your opinion that this was "invalid", as it was handled properly and the consequences were dealt equally and somewhat mercifully.

If you have anything else you wish to add, please do so. We'll be moving this to the resolved section on Sunday unless you bring up further points, or you agree that it is resolved before then.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use