Dionae Suggestion

joejoe13

As I've been told Dionae are tree-like creature so their plant based which made me think, unless you fully kill a plant it usually grows back and since Dionae technically evolve from nymphs why not allow them to become a nymph before they die instead of just dying completely but only if their body is like gibbed or something.

They don't do this already?

I swore I've seen dionae devolve into nymph form once or twice, dunno if it was a genetical mishap or something they can do.

I don't think so. It's goes against their genetic evolution. If you read their history (whenever or not that matters) the gestalt form was evolved in order to help flee from the kidan and being able to revert back into it doesn't make sense even as a fallback form.

If it doesn't go against the topic I'd like to post a suggestion for diona too. Give them a racial ability to make diona nodes so they can create more of themselves. So far we can only depend on Botanist to plant the three they start with and Cargo to order Exotic Seed Crates. Maybe make it a long recharge time before making a node. Maybe even make it so you have to use it next to a hydro tray or soil.

I don't think so. It's goes against their genetic evolution. If you read their history (whenever or not that matters) the gestalt form was evolved in order to help flee from the kidan and being able to revert back into it doesn't make sense even as a fallback form.

If it doesn't go against the topic I'd like to post a suggestion for diona too. Give them a racial ability to make diona nodes so they can create more of themselves. So far we can only depend on Botanist to plant the three they start with and Cargo to order Exotic Seed Crates. Maybe make it a long recharge time before making a node. Maybe even make it so you have to use it next to a hydro tray or soil.

"to make diona nodes so they can create more of themselves" i'm already overpowering to i need to be invincible to!?!

I honestly don't know why they removed this and not just nerf it, like they could ether be stunned when they die and/or take away their ability to vent crawl. that way they could survive 1 thing that might kill them(like a bomb) but if someone is actively trying to kill them popping out as a stunned nymph won't really help much and it would give back some of their uniqueness.

also am I right that the nymphs don't have the disadvantages that diona does like, the whole heat and light thing because that's a little odd.

also am I right that the nymphs don't have the disadvantages that diona does like, the whole heat and light thing because that's a little odd.

I was actually wondering about that. They are simple_animals and I don't think they have those issues that full diona have.

"to make diona nodes so they can create more of themselves" i'm already overpowering to i need to be invincible to!?!

I mean plant extra nodes so other players could join. Not "Oh am I deaded? That's okay I'll just respawn at this backup node I planted". "more of themselves" meaning more diona nymphs.

the ability to make a station if you are floating in space,

Blob 2.0 in my opinion.

and able to switch who is in control of the gestault with nymphs

They are not a hivemind though. Each gestalt is its own self until they merge into the super organism that becomes that said station. They become that station so they can share all the knowledge that each individual diona collected. If they had a hivemind and could switch control, and to any sort of extent share that sort of connection, then they wouldn't need to merge

eh I don't really see it as blob 2.0 since youd need to be in space to it, and your goal isn't to take out the station, youd need walls and things of that ilk, and lights like glowshrooms or something. also gestaults are multiple nymphs inside of them, and I think it would be neat if the nymph could share the body with the main gestault.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use