Karma System Rework

fusionpoo

Actually, would it be possible to show the karma-giver the normal message (Good karma spent on [x].) when they give an administrator karma, then return their chance to give it out secretly? Like...

• Urist McDude gives UristMcHeadcrab karma.

• UristMcHeadcrab is an administrator and doesn't require it.

Urist McDude gets the "Good karma spent on" message, but they're allowed to spend it on someone again.

This would work, right?

[spoiler2]And sorry if this is basically what Tauka said, I'm too tired to be foruming.[/spoiler2]

It's not basically what I said but in the same direction. I just noticed a bunch of lists that have "allTheThings - restricted" and wondered if that could be implemented in the player lists for karma if it uses a list. Keep admins off those lists and make the function ignore admins if spent on them. Else I do think your example might be useful too. Maybe just say "It's can't be done" or "[user] cannot receive karma. Choose someone else"

I would actually rather let people give karma to admins, even if they can't use it, because muhstats

I think that admins (or maybe everyone) should be able to opt out of getting karma, it seems to be an ideal middle ground for the problems with admins and their interactions with the karma system

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use