Change to Drink ratios

AzyWng

I've played bartender before and I've noticed that several of the drinks that the barkeep has to make involve three ingredients at a 1:1:1 ratio (like the "Devil's Kiss"), or two ingredients at a 2:1 ratio (like the "Tequila Sunrise".

I've played on Baystation 12, and the glasses that are present at that server hold 30 units of liquid as opposed to this server's fifty units. I'm not sure if the current ratios of recepies is because it was originally intended to be such, or if the recipie list was ported over from Baystation or another server.

At any rate, it makes completely filling a glass (without filling a larger container and pouring the contents into it) with these drinks really difficult.

It probably wouldn't take too much to change the ratios to something that could fill our 50-unit glasses. Just tweak a few numbers so that the ratios are 2:2:1 or 3:2, so that one can fill a glass with these drinks more easily.

I don't know why the ratios are as they are, perhaps a port, perhaps keeping true to the real drink ratios (where applicable).

Tweaking the numbers is possible, though we can also adjust the result amount like how it is for some Chems. 30 units of ingredients could result in 25 of the end-result, for example.

Alternatively, pad the remainder of the glass with water/ice/booze and they will only know if they scan the reagents.

Though most people won't care if they get 45u of a drink instead of a full 50u, as that is one fewer sip that they likely will spam anyways.

From what I gathered, a lot of the radios are the way there are due to attempting to emulate real ratios for various drinks/cocktails.

That's sadly not true at all. Let's take a look at a few drinks I prefer drinking in game (and in real life):

-Classic Martini (aka dry martini): IG: 2 gin 1 vermuth; IRL: 6 gin 1 vermuth

-Margarita: IG: 2 tequila 1 lime juice; IRL: 2 tequila 1 triple sec 1 lime/lemon juice (+salt)

-Screwdriver: IG 2 vodka 1 orange juice; IRL: 1 vodka 2 orange juice

-Black Russian: IG 3 vodka 2 coffee liquor; IRL: 5 vodka 2 coffee liquor

-Bloody Mary: IG: 1 vodka 2 tomato juice 1 lime juice; IRL: 3 vodka 6 tomato juice 1 lemon juice

-Tequila Sunrise: IG: 2 tequila 1 orange juice; IRL: 3 tequila 5 orange juice 1 grenadine syrup

- Cuba Libre: IG: 2 rum 1 cola; IRL: 12 cola 5 rum 1 lime juice

And the list goes on... Let's also not forget the lack of ice from most cocktails.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use