replace plantmatter in rice stalks into rice

johannhawk

b31479c0e0.png

you need to be able to produce pure rice and then turn it into fried rice if you want to make some sushi from the recent sushi update.

the need to go to mr.changs every time to get a tiny amount of rice isnt really ideal.

Is there a sushi recipe that involves fried rice? All the ones i've been making require boiled rice. Are you only getting plant matter from processing the rice stalks? How are you processing them?

1.) Get a good amount of rice growing in botany, you'll need quite a lot if you don't have kitchen upgrades.

2.) Grind/blend the rice stalks in the all-in-one-grinder.

3.) Take the beaker to the back room, put the rice into a condiment bottle.

4.) 10units of rice in microwave, 5 units of water = boiled rice.

5.) Throw the rice/fish/egg/whatever ingredients for whatever sushi you're making on a table + drag it to yourself.

6.) Whine at research to upgrade the kitchen.

7.) Get told that upgrading stuff isn't their job??? (the amount of people who do this is impressive)

8.) Eventually find the ONE researcher who will actually upgrade stuff for you.

9.) Be overwhelmed at the amount of boiled rice and ingredients.

10.) Realize you cant possibly make food fast enough.

Sushi is a bit more tedious because of table crafting. Once the kitchen was upgraded I was grinding/blending up rice stalks in the grinder and making boiled rice pretty quickly but the slowdown was from the tablecrafting aspect (though it makes perfect sense!).

There is no rest for the chef once the server population has gone over 70, especially not when somebody stuffs all of your food into one sandwich and leaves with it.

There is no rest for the chef once the server population has gone over 70, especially not when somebody stuffs all of your food into one sandwich and leaves with it.

This is so true. It's also frustrating when someone playing Ian/etc decides to eat all the food or someone just eats everything for no reason =/

Rice stalks will grind into the rice reagent, not plant-matter. The grinder has a special override where each unit of plant matter in a rice stalk becomes something like 6-10u of the rice reagent.

All sushi recipes currently should be requiring the boiled rice food as an ingredient, I believe he was getting and grinding fried rice for the rice reagent. This is not an ideal source, but an alternative should you be stuck with 420 dank botanists.

But as Skittles pointed out, grinding rice stalks does result in rice.

Rice stalks will grind into the rice reagent, not plant-matter. The grinder has a special override where each unit of plant matter in a rice stalk becomes something like 6-10u of the rice reagent.

All sushi recipes currently should be requiring the boiled rice food as an ingredient, I believe he was getting and grinding fried rice for the rice reagent. This is not an ideal source, but an alternative should you be stuck with 420 dank botanists.

But as Skittles pointed out, grinding rice stalks does result in rice.

the last time i grinded rice stalks i got plant matter...which was a while ago.

the last time i needed the rice from mr changs is when me and the bartender were making sake to get drunk on...

Are you GRINDING or PROCESSING?

Either way, I find it just easier to set up a sleeper and drain a monkey itnto a bucket of cryox for 100 synth steaks. Then you realize how many chefs are just not used to having meat and are dumb enough to kill betsy and clucky.

As for upgrading kitchen, its on the to do list, medical is usually more important and without (non-shit) miners there is little to no hope for uranium and diamonds for good microlasers. Harassing botany for wheat and feeding clucky for eggs to make lots of dough can go a long way too.

I may increase the amount of rice you get per unit of plantmatter in a rice stalk when you grind it in the reagent grinder.

Currently, a standard (round-start, no mutations/modifications) rice stalk, when ground, results in 5 units of rice. This same stalk, before being ground, contains 1 unit of plantmatter, meaning you get x5 the amount of plantmatter as rice.

Boiled rice, a simple recipe using rice, requires 10 units of rice, meaning you need 2 stalks to make a single serving of boiled rice, which is then in turn used to make a single serving of sushi. Should you be wanting to make Tamago or Unagi sushi, you will also need more rice in order to produce the needed sake which is used to cook them.

This quickly adds up to needing quite a bit of rice, and as such, number will likely be adjusted (either via a higher multiplier for grinding rice, lower requirements for recipes, or more plantmatter in rice to begin with) in the next wave of food additions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use