Add Gasmask Filters

MarvinMartian34

I was doing some chemistry the other day, and noticed charcoal. That got me thinking, and I remembered that most gasmasks use charcoal filters. So I thought it would be neat to be allowed to put charcoal pills inside of gas masks, and that would protect you from inhaling toxins and viruses, while not having to carry around an O2 tank. Of course, it wouldn't protect you from a lack of oxygen, but would just filter out the toxins and allow the toxins in. And it would still allow for internals to be hooked up, but if you put a filter on it, after say 5 or 10 minutes of being in a toxic area, it would give you a warning like "You start to breathe heavier" or something, so you know to try to get more pills/filters. Also if your filter were to run out when you aren't in a toxic area, instead of suffocating you like internals, it just would stop filtering and give you a heads up. Sorry if this is too hard or just doesn't seem worth it/ appealing, just tell me your honest thoughts on it please.

Better, maybe, but charcoal is the cheapest material to use for something like this. And you know how stingy NT can be with expensive materials

While I like the idea of having to consume something on a gasmask, part of me thinks that within the next 500 years they'll invent something better than charcoal to filter toxins. Just my two pence.

I'm sure they would, but I don't think it should be something that lasts forever. Maybe the filter could last forever, but it's battery powered or something, so you have to recharge the power cell sometimes. I'm not sure just brainstorming things right now.

Our PDAs use ROM cartridges that maybe have 128kb memory doing the things they do. Everything about this game is pseudo-future of the late 80s

Gas masks don't do much of anything anyways, Toxic gasses like Plasma will still damage you if you aren't wearing a hardsuit + internals, N2O and CO2 are basically the only thing a gas mask will protect against.

Odds are if Meth is being pushed out of the scrubbers its in contact form too, very things that come in gas form are only lethal if inhaled. I'd have to test it more, but I've never expierenced anything but coughing from scrubber back pressure, though I generally stay out of the smoke till it passes where possible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use