AI Hologram

SpaceTimeNow

I think playing AI should be more then just beeing a voice on the station that decides if it wants to open an airlock for someone or not. I really like the idea of interacting with the crew on a more personal level and appear as some sort of entity in front of them that they can talk with. Currently that is only possible via the hologram emitters and lets just say this feature has not been maintained very well.

My list of suggestions:

1. There are countless areas where holopads have been forgotten to be mapped in, we should add them.

2. There is some sort of bug which in certain situations won't allow you to appear on a hologram projector. I think it happens if you leave the range of the holopad and then try to reappear (but i am not 100% sure)

3. Since we have the new AI radio where you can access channels via shortcuts like :c we could finally get rid of :h for holopad. If you are projected on a holopad you should default to talking via holopad and not talk locally at your core. The need to talk locally at your core has been reduced to the occasions where someone is standing inside your core or when coms are out and you have to talk via intercoms again, which would both still be possible, just not while you are visible as a hologram.

4. add a verb to activate the nearest holopad in relation to the AI eye and make the hologram appear on the AI eye (only if in range of course). Using the verb again makes the hologram disappear.

5. Are there really no new unique sprites for AIs availiable? Why does the AI have to actually "move" (arrow key) to turn and cannot just face a other direction (Ctrl + arrow key)? Moving in a circle to face someone is super awkward.

6. Make the "Change Hologram" to look like a crew member function propperly. Why doesn't the sprites turn, it looks super lame.

I probably could think of way more that could be done, but this would aready be awesome to see.

1. There are countless areas where holopads have been forgotten to be mapped in, we should add them.

Not related but disposal chutes too. Seems every recently added area of the ship only has atmos and power hook ups, everything else is missing.

3. Since we have the new AI radio where you can access channels via shortcuts like :c we could finally get rid of :h for holopad. If you are projected on a holopad you should default to talking via holopad and not talk locally at your core. The need to talk locally at your core has been reduced to the occasions where someone is standing inside your core or when coms are out and you have to talk via intercoms again, which would both still be possible, just not while you are visible as a hologram.

Not quite that simple. The holopad speech code is a bit insane, iirc, and it bypasses the language systems with magic.

Not quite that simple. The holopad speech code is a bit insane, iirc, and it bypasses the language systems with magic.

From what i have seen of ss13 code everything would fit that description. Haha

You could allways hack a :h to the beginning of each text if the AI is speaking while holopad active :)

Not related but disposal chutes too. Seems every recently added area of the ship only has atmos and power hook ups, everything else is missing.

Slightly of topic, but now that i think of it, it's totally true.

I think the Medbay even has two APCs serving the entire hallways at the same time. Which via ingame means is not even possible to setup. Some air alarms serve multiple rooms and disposals are very rare.

It seems that the entire basic logistics should be redone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use