How I became an object of pure horror.

Citinited

Information extracted from subject's brain at NSS Exodus on 9th August, 2559 at 02:05:00.

Blackness.

It felt... odd. Like someone had lifted a heavy rug from my unconsciousness, allowing me free reign once more. Except that this time, I was not bound to an organic body.

I observed my own, broken body, missing several limbs and its head. And then, my attention moved over to the person who had slain me in cold blood. 'John Doe,' Shaft Miner, it said on his ID card, yet he was dressed as if he were a virologist. What exactly were his motivations?

I had previously seen him on the asteroid, when I was heading out to rescue an injured shaft miner on the western side of the asteroid. Poor soul had gotten himself into a fight, and was in need of medical aid. As I went to head outside, I saw John Doe. Thinking that he was a doctor here to help, I instantly felt my gut drop a few inches when he threw a bananade at me, scattering banana peels everywhere. I attempted to put some distance between myself and him, yet he got a revolver on to me and emptied the gun into my head and body, smushing my head as easily as watermelon. He then picked up my brain and placed it in his box. However, my murderer was pulled out of the broken airlock with me and slipped on his own banana peel, thus causing his demise. How ironic.

As I explored my newfound degree of freedom, it soon became apparent that nobody had really noticed anything had happened, so I decided to spook the quartermaster, who eventually came to my aid, along with several borgs. She checked my body, announced I was dead, and then... went off to rescue the injured miner that I was originally looking for? Oh well. I suppose I had all day to wait.

The borgs dragged the bodies to medbay. Doe was dropped off at cloning, and I was left in the care of a chemist. Not noticing the lack of head, they proceeded to apply medicine to my body, and then applied strange reagent. Upon this happening, my headless body started moving, clawing at the room, and gasping for air. My body was alive, yet I was not.

Cue screaming.

The chemist, satisfied with their monstrosity, dragged the headless body to surgery, where the surgeon began repairing the body's damaged areas, yet not noticing the lack of head. I managed to look at the surgeon's console, and it looked like this:

5DDVXyC.png

3O3c2Oy.png

At one point the body registered 201 damage, yet the body was STILL ALIVE. Finally, after noticing something was clearly wrong, the surgeon seemed to look more closely, and saw that I was missing my head. Everyone was quite nonplussed. Yet it gets weirder...

Meanwhile, on the asteroid, Aurea Dsia had managed to find my brain, and was bringing it to surgery. She kindly agreed to donate her head so I could live again, which was... very kind of her. The surgeon took her in, and removed her head. He then attached her head to my living body which was gasping for air, then stood back to admire his work.

Fawkes gasps!

Uh-oh.

So. We had my old plasmaman body, which was living, with a human head attached to the neck stump, with a dead human's brain and consciousness inside it. The body was alive, yet the soul was dead.

Shortly afterwards, the surgeon noticed that there was a mixup, so proceeded to remove the human brain from the human head. Somehow, this resulted in him killing the monstrosity that the chemist had created (I am not even sure if this counts as killing). He, however, couldn't tell which one was which, and by this point the shuttle was docking with the station, so he dragged the body to the shuttle, and took both our brains to Centcomm be processed.

I'm still unsure where the body ended up - probably to some forsaken department of medsci. Me? I hope that, after what I've seen, I at least have my memories rearranged to forget about this... interesting medical journey. I can but hope.

Fawkes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use