Surgeon Logs: Darius Ico

Personal Log #19

Patient: Trukel

12:10: I wake up after my break in the OR to find some fool asking about surgery on the comms. Short staffed, I end up being the one to ask why. He doesn't wanna talk about it aloud, so he comes down to Medbay and tells me and some other doctor he wants to sell his organs. Which, for the unenlightened on the illegality of selling body parts, is a no-no. Fortunately for him I don't mind chopping out his lungs as long as I get a cut.

12:14: Talked with patient. Notified him. I head near arrivals back to my makeshift OR. Weld the wall, take the girder, usual business. Prep the area, not clean but good enough. Head on back to Medical.

12:15: Realized I don't have replacement lungs to transplant. Complicates things. Cannot kill a patient for them and sure as hell am not giving him my lungs.

12:19: Some cargo tech got merc'd in broad daylight. Skull missing. I'm the first on the scene, so I take what's left of him back to the Medical OR. Chop out the lungs, put all the tools I need in the freezer, head to the makeshift OR.

12:30: Met with the patient. Begin surgery.

12:31: Hear strange noises down the hall. Sounds like the energy swords the Cybersun folks used to use back in the day. Someone screams and it's not my patient. I shut all the lights off and continue surgery in the dark.

12:33: Surgery ended. Shaved time off record by a minute. No complications. Patient's ransomed lungs secured. Wall re-secured and OR hidden for another day.

12:40: Shuttle has been called, some Syndicate agents blew something up on the east end of the station. Not sure what. I'm making my way back there.

12:42: Trukel is swinging a chainsaw, attempting to murder who I assume was his target. He kills his target. Along with another crewmember and I proceed to knock him down and beat him into submission. I pick up a botanist's axe and finish the deed. I'm unsure as to how I'm going to get those credits, nor am I happy that I went through all the trouble of putting those lungs in only to kill the man using them.

12:43: An engineer is eating parts of Trukel. I severely question why I work here.

12:44: End Log.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use