Gutting Targeted Mode

Fox McCloud

Completely Remove Targeting Mode?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Having the overlay without firing at all would put the person using it at a severe disadvantage. I think the best route is letting them fire once. The sound of shooting would let then know to stop targetting, and they could click again to reaquire the target.

+1 for neca's idea. A targeting mode that only fires one shot would be good.

Having the overlay without firing at all would put the person using it at a severe disadvantage. I think the best route is letting them fire once. The sound of shooting would let then know to stop targetting, and they could click again to reaquire the target.

I don't see how that's a disadvantage, personally. It removes a controversial advantage, but I don't see how having an overlay alone is more disadvantageous than having nothing at all.

I don't see how that's a disadvantage, personally. It removes a controversial advantage, but I don't see how having an overlay alone is more disadvantageous than having nothing at all.

if you're in aim mode you can't fire a gun without targeting someone

if it were an overlay you'd choose between the overlay and your weapon being able to fire. if anything aiming at someone would let them know you're an extra click away from being able to actually fire at them.

Edited by Guest

I glanced through and i agree with fox here that, it should be removed. However an alternate option it could be overhauled maybe as a science upgrade? allowing you to target a player and if they try to draw a gun or shoot you shoot pretty much wild west duel.

The other is removing it and possibly designing a better auto-targeting system either as a upgrade again or hos captain gun only etc that when its turned on it will do what the turrets do check ids look for weapons etc and evaluates on that.

So for example you got a civilian beating a doctor with a toolbox it will see that someone is hitting another with a none contraband item and tasers them. My second example is the opposite almost a traitor is running at you with a energy sword the gun goes lethal and fires.

hell you could even implement this that the guns themselves can't shoot unarmed people if there deemed not a threat.

Side-note: the not firing on none threats made me think of you could scan your id into a taser laser gun etc making it imprinted to you so no one can just pick it up and fire it. of course a higher rank can remove that id so it can be used by another or unlock it and emag can unlock it as well. would make for some interesting rounds.

if you're in aim mode you can't fire a gun without targeting someone

if it were an overlay you'd choose between the overlay and your weapon being able to fire. if anything aiming at someone would let them know you're an extra click away from being able to actually fire at them.

You can click on the person you're aiming and at to fire at them. Maybe I have a radically different view of aim mode's purpose than others, but to me that seems to be the whole point of it. To let someone know you're ready and willing to shoot them, without actually shooting them.

Its seems that most people want the overlay to stay, no one has a problem with that.

Aimbot is crap, it discourages RP as stopping to talk is an instant arrest, and once the cuffs are on, the only RP is sec gloating over your sentence.

The only thing good about aimbot is when the captain walks between you and the guy with the gun, so when you move they shoot him. And I take this opportunity wherever I can.

I don't really see the point in removing it. Why would you want to remove it just because it's a legit beginner's "aimbot?"

Whenever you say "skill", I can't help but think that you think Space Station 13 has some sort of "shooting" game elements in it. Which it doesn't. It has guns sure but, the guns and the "target mechanic" are put in the game in an "RP" kind of way and not in a "shooter" kind of way.

Targeted mode like a few people say, is supposed to give someone the idea that "you mean business" and that they should "cooperate" unless they want a bullet or a stun shock in them.

It's not a cheap aimbot because Space Station 13 is not supposed to be treated like it's some sort of "shooter." It's supposed to be treated as a game to role play on a station in space. Hence the title and the goal and purpose of the game.

If you want to tweak and fix it a little to where you have slightly more chances of missing, that's fine. But removing it seems a little dumb in my opinion.

it isn't a secret or unknown that your ping is one of the major factors in winning any fight, be it melee or a gunfight. giving everyone the option to aim balances this out and gives everyone the same advantage. It has proven itself to be more then usefull for security to comprehend an criminal without the 'shoot first, ask questions later' mentality. Even though I am in favor of removing the 'force slow walk'.

This game is not about skill shooting. Go play a shooter if you are looking for that. Removing this feature will hurt security the most and there will be just less RP for them and more shoot to comprehend, since they literally have no way to safely talk to you without you running away as they type. And gives another jumpstart for anyone with a ping that is half of its opponent.

Aiming at the running criminal stops them often and they can do their RP. It literally has proven valuable RP for me when I got a Captain hostage as a traitor, leading him to the bridge on gunpoint.

Also. This feature is not even abused that much as the overly OP disarm is. I even rarely see it used

Keep this feature, it is available for everyone. So I cannot understand how it is not fair. If the instant stunsshots are the problem we should rather look at the stuns itself. And it doesn't take much space on the overlay

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use