Cult Exorcism

TullyBBurnalot

Allow me to start by saying I hate the current method of deconverting cultists, that being Holy Water. It's cheap, it's easy, and it quickly devolves into the Chaplain and Security blessing every fucking water tank and feeding it to random people JUST IN CASE. Hell, I was recently a HoS, and found myself unable to do anything to the cult without using Holy Water. I just had to keep it locked up tight where the Chaplain couldn't just run off with it and go full Inquisition.

As such, I propose... Exorcism!

It would act much like the Shadowling's Enthrall ability. You'd need to keep someone immobile (preferably tied to a chair), as you use the ability, and it would take around 15-20 seconds to take effect, during which you'd say some Latin nonsense (run it through Google Translate for maximum hilarity). After the ability runs its course, the person is exorcised, and no longer belongs to the cult. They can, however, be reconverted.

As for the ability itself, it would be a default ability of the Chaplain, as long as he joins the actual round as one. However, sometimes you don't have a Chaplain, and you really need to combat the cult. Don't fear! If you don't have a Chaplain, you can pick up a Holy Bible, use a new verb, such as "Study", and after about a minute or two, you would have the ability to exorcise people as well. However, because you're not an ordained Chaplain, trying to exorcise someone has a chance to fail, and the same person can't be exorcized more than once in, say, ten minutes.

I really like this idea, cult rounds tend to devolve into Security forcefeeding people holy water for the entire shift, which isn't particularly fun on a roleplay standpoint.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use