Switching Station Maps

Wisewill

In my opinion I think the station would be better off it used another map than the EXODUS due to the influx of players constantly. Because paradise has enough players to populate large maps here is suggestions.

My personal favorite station map: NSS Utopia: http://files.1337upload.net/utopia1.png

And Metastation https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/858 ... 20Full.png

I however would be willing to map another station specifically for NSS Cyberiad. I have never mapped before and I think it would be an interesting challenge.

If you make a new station, please make sure the genetics cloning room is larger than like 9 squares. It would also be nice if there was some sort of a corpse loading bay right outside of it with cryo tubes. When you have 90 people on the station and 20 of them die all at once each round from a radation belt, it becomes a huge vomitey mess. I'm not sure about how the delivery tube system works, but it would be cool if you could have them at the start of each wing to take you around the station faster. And keep the bridge in the center of the station.

As for my opinion on the other two maps, the visitation for brig on Metastation is neat, and the split down the center for medical and research is cool as well, but genetics is too small. For Utopia there seems to be not much going on with solars, genetics is too small, and I couldn't find the bridge. But the fact that it's built on an asteroid is really cool.

I would choose Metastation to be our station because it's much more streamlined. Utopia has an interesting layout, but it's sacrificing too much in what is already a big ball of confusion that is a server with 80 people. Having a bridge at the center of the station is basically the best landmark you can have in case you get lost. That and you want all the heads to be able to reach it in the same amount of time during an emergency.

My other concern is that even in the late hours of the night we often have like 30 people on. Will the larger stations be too big? How easy is it to change maps when the population dies down?

As a main engineer player the idea of learning a new station layout horrifies me, i like the actual station, i know it's strong and weak points, it's atmos pipe layout, disposal pipe layout, power grid, maint layout...

And i personally dislike how the AI core is located in those maps... it almost looks like... the AI is not the station but an ENEMY OF THE STATION! D : <

IT'S AN AI IT MUST GO ROGUE! ALWAYS!

But i need to admit it, the engineering and atmos in Utopia looks so damn sexy.

If we would happen to MAKE a new map, I would like to see solars, antimatter, supermatter, RUST, and singularity, so it would be noob friendly as fuck, because if you can't even set an antimatter engine up, then you should space yourself.

If we would happen to MAKE a new map, I would like to see solars, antimatter, supermatter, RUST, and singularity, so it would be noob friendly as fuck, because if you can't even set an antimatter engine up, then you should space yourself.

Making a map could be a great idea, especially if the mapper puts up several polls and stuff so we end up with a station a majority of people like.

I don't know if that was meant to be sarcastic, but I really think we need more engines than two, antimatter is the most noob friendly IMO, and if someone wants (a bit) of challenge, they can do the RUST (my favourite) so it could be a win-win situation.

I'm never sarcastic when talking about engineering, it's a pain to see how the newbie engis fail to something as simple as filling the plasma tanks, or setting up the field, or JUST FUCKING TURNING ON AN EMITTER! yes, they fail to do that too.

Moar engines would be awesome, but then again engineering needs to be balanced for some stupid reason. > : (

To reduce the amount of empty space as engineers leave 3 of them empty what if two random ones of the last four you listed spawned at the start of each round.

Or anti-matter is guaranteed to be one of two, and then one other is selected at random?

Well, as far as I know you can't make an entire SECTION random, but I would say we have a vote for a second one, the first could be the antimatter. I would really like to see a RUST but people say "it's in development" or "it's still WIP" but I think it is an advanced, of course not totally finished, but perfectly working engine type, and if it's so WIP, why can we order it from cargo?

Not an edit: Also I don't think it would be unbalanced, noone uses power sinks, and noone will set up four engines (usually) one round, you almost never see a supermatter/singulo setup with solars too.

Well, as far as I know you can't make an entire SECTION random, but I would say we have a vote for a second one, the first could be the antimatter. I would really like to see a RUST but people say "it's in development" or "it's still WIP" but I think it is an advanced, of course not totally finished, but perfectly working engine type, and if it's so WIP, why can we order it from cargo?

Not an edit: Also I don't think it would be unbalanced, noone uses power sinks, and noone will set up four engines (usually) one round, you almost never see a supermatter/singulo setup with solars too.

I wouldn't think so, but I'm not a programmer so take what I said with a grain of salt until someone smarter says something

an alternative could be to have the antimatter sitting there by default in one room, and has a decently sized secure storage that has RUST, supermatter, and singularity parts. And have an area large enough to have one of the three built in. So this way there's an easy power source for newbie engineers, and other options if an engineer desires to do one of them.

it'd be a little tricky to build a room capable of being used for all three. However, it should be possible to have a room work compatible with all three.

Pitching in my vote for Metastation - Our current map is a Box derivative, and Box was designed for ~50 peak concurrent users. Metastation was designed with 70-100 players in mind, and remains functional (but feels empty) on 20-30. Given Paradise has been consistently top-five population wise, I think Meta would be optimal.

Pitching in my vote for Metastation - Our current map is a Box derivative, and Box was designed for ~50 peak concurrent users. Metastation was designed with 70-100 players in mind, and remains functional (but feels empty) on 20-30. Given Paradise has been consistently top-five population wise, I think Meta would be optimal.

metastation just seems way too large. the designers may have built it for that, but I prefer the density we have with box.

metastation just seems way too large. the designers may have built it for that, but I prefer the density we have with box.

Box with upwards of 70 people is far far too crowded.

Box with upwards of 70 people is far far too crowded.

eh... I must disagree with that.

Even if it should be expanded, out of the two I think utopia looks much better

I love both but playing a Rogue AI round would be quite a bigger challenge with meta station, which I kinda like, and Utopia's layout, which gives me a mess in my pants, I wish we could switch between both or all three, but this is BYOND, so I won't even consider it. I'm torn, so I give a +1 to both.

Utopia uses a properly set up RUST Tokamak Engine. Think Thermoelectric plus super matter and make it 1000% more deadly.

It will never start, though, sadly, and the R-UST was never finished, so it has absolutely zero dangerous things about it, aside from the heat the fusion reaction produces. No radiation, no chance of exploding, etc.

It's an awesome engine, and would have been my preferred method of powering the station, but it's just too damn incomplete.

Metastation iit's my personal favorite due the fact that there's that awesome and big maintence. And it's shouldn't be that hard to convert into a TG based map, since this server runs a mix from the both codes. We put the things from bay that were well-recived (like the medical,atmos, xenoarcheology and ERT), make centcomm bigger( do you ever seen TGs centcomm? Is VERY, VERY ,VERY LITTLE ) and, of course, the awesome stuff from this server.

The only thing that i feel is going to need a major rework is Research and Dorms.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use