Changeling and Wizard powers

Allyriadil

/TG/ station revamped the changeling and wizard powers a while ago. It seems though that baystation haven't bothered to copy it yet, and are still stuck with the shitty old skills. The revamp will remove for instance: the infamous parasting, death sting and also some balance changes to wizard powers. Some new powers will take the place of the old ones. I cant find the specific commit but the powers are listed in the wiki.

http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php/Wizard

http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php/Changeling

Please add this for a more balanced gameplay.

Oh and also, it would be nice if we had a specific way to test if people are changelings.

Looking at this, it appears we already have the Wizard changes ingame. The Changling though...that makes it very boring, IMO. All you do is take DNA from someone, that's it. No risk attached to it, you can keep stealing DNA until you get all your powers and no one would really know. And if the victim gets a "You feel a tiny prick"...how do you fight back? You shirek and your screwed because now everyone knows. Cryo sting is over time, meaning it wont help at the time.

Changlings are unfair, tha'ts true. Getting paralyzed for longer then a stun baton then taken out of the game is shitty, but it's also better then how it used to be (Para+mute). It looks like the changes were more directed to making 'Lings be more of a cooldown based traitor rather then, well, a Changling.

I don't believe the DNA gives you an "absorption" if you use the quick DNA stealing power. I believe it was something like getting the ability to transform into the person, but they stay alive and unknowing. A proper absorption would get you a genome, which get you the powers.

I could be wrong though, because I've never played that kind of ling.

Looking at this, it appears we already have the Wizard changes ingame. The Changling though...that makes it very boring, IMO. All you do is take DNA from someone, that's it. No risk attached to it, you can keep stealing DNA until you get all your powers and no one would really know. And if the victim gets a "You feel a tiny prick"...how do you fight back? You shirek and your screwed because now everyone knows. Cryo sting is over time, meaning it wont help at the time.

Changlings are unfair, tha'ts true. Getting paralyzed for longer then a stun baton then taken out of the game is shitty, but it's also better then how it used to be (Para+mute). It looks like the changes were more directed to making 'Lings be more of a cooldown based traitor rather then, well, a Changling.

The way I understood it was that you can steal peoples DNA with a sting, but the powers work that you get 5 points to use, and you can re choose them when you absorb someone.

If you have to get 7 DNA strings then you -need- to kill someone, or risk being a fake double of someone

Absorbing everyone is dickish and shouldn't be what you always use, as DNA extraction sting is entirely covert and does not kill the target while still counting for objectives.

Acquiring DNA via DNA Extraction Sting, however, is instant and does not give any alert to the target.

Costs 25 chemicals.

Counts towards DNA absorption objectives.

This was taken from the wiki page itself. There's literally no reason to absorb anyone with this new 'ling set up, unless you want new powers, or you want to make sure no one will notice there's two of the same people. I'll keep looking at it, but this is how things look to be so far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use