Donko

Nomzy

While theorizing on my main story, I came up with a neat idea, an idea of a world called Donko. I feel like it would be a neat mini-series when i'm thinking how to incorporate ideas into my main story.

Don't expect much.

Donko

Life-force, Currency, Energy, Environmental Problem

Here we have gems. Gems make up our lives, gems are our machines, weapons, medicine, gems are our everything. Gems help power the hospitals, gems are what makes the world go round, hell, they're our damn currency. I hear stories of gem people. Everybody but the humans are basically only here because we had gems. Gems can be durable, gems can turn into dust into an instant. Gems are this universe now. Their color varies and their shapes are usually a flat diamond. Gems, and how they work, are my study. The study of I, student of the name Mori.

Our race is still being looked into, even by our fellow brethren. All we know is that we're reptilian except not, maybe like fish but not really, colors vary, and we were also made due to gem mutation. Gem mutation isn't uncommon anymore, I wonder how much new races and variations of those races and then subspecies of those variations there are in this galaxy. Gem mutation is a dangerous problem that is caused by overexposure to the gems, gems exhibit a strange radiation. This radiation gives strange powers to all who interact with one for too long, which students in this field like I have most likely have already done.

The gems we use for currency are yellow, specially engineering to stay yellow and they do not emit the gem radiation. They do take up space in wallets, so our way of getting some accumulation of the currency that we used to use—dollars—is forming the gems into one. This makes a number appear on the gems, each '1' being a '10'. This still isn't as convenient as dollars seemed to be for our ancestors, just simply because a gem is about half the size of an average palm. But they're as thin as paper—the ones we use for currency, that is. 'Wild' gems vary in thickness and size, the biggest one I saw was the size of my leg, and I'm 5'6~! Last I checked, at least. Mutations are weird, weird things.

As for me, I am classified under the Lizardfish-Human hybrid race category. I generally look like a blue human with very weird blue skin and blue pentagons on my arms, legs, everywhere that can be considered an 'outline' of the body. My hair reaches down a bit past my neck, and it is a dark blue. My lips are also dark blue, and I have a snake-ish tongue. Holy shit, basically, I'm just blue, alright? Our feet and hands are slightly more padded and I have gills above my hips. I am female, 28 years old, nearing my 29th birthday and my 6th year of education as being an Environmental Sage. Another important thing to mention is how these gem's powers actually work. They're quite strange to an outside to the worlds with inhibit and embrace the gems. Powers, like species/races, vary with almost no way to record them all. However, there are categories. To list a few:

Demonic: Summon forces which amplify and project your melee attacks.

Angelic: Amplifies your force with Gemguns, able to summon ranged forces.

Mechanical: Amplifies your force with Gemguns, extra finesse with machines and they tend to work around you.

Medical: Healing ability, useful in medical practice. Regenerate open wounds, scarring speed is sped up x2. Tend to not bleed out.

These powers are essential to some jobs. For an Environmental Sage, you must know some of what I call 'Nature' category. You can regrow plants and speed up growth progresses for a LOT of things, just not plants. I do have a mix of Nature category along with Demonic. I haven't used the summon forces yet, despite living in a ghetto. I have been jumped, which I used a non-lethal setting on a Gemgun to apprehend the mugger. Granted, it was still scary.

Due to gems giving you powers, they have been traded illegally, being synthesized through secret underground manufacturing plants, which instead will negatively impact your health if it doesn't work as intended. I've seen criminals get arrested because their Demonic category powers fists were floating around them, still bloody. Gems in general have been more cons than pros, I feel. Their use in machines makes them expel gem radiation gas, and then accumulate somewhere up in our atmosphere, causing an ambient radiation affect. And not to mention those incompatible with gems can die...not after suffering Chimera mutations, which I can't describe without making it a very, very long rant. But, those mutations are especially painful and brutal. You know what? Whatever.

I snapped back to reality.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use