Replace the Blueshield's Revolver.

Arthur_Dayne

Best Option?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To be frank; The only usefulness this has is the instant stun, and causes far more collateral damage than is efficient, and to make the gun an effective killing tool, it takes roughly 15 shots with the less-than-lethal rounds to put someone into critical condition, while the high likelihood of destruction associated with .357 makes it nigh useless when loaded with these rounds. I propose we replace the Blueshield's revolver with an energy gun, which will allow for easier non-lethal takedowns and more efficient force when needed for lethal takedowns.

That, or we could add in lethal .38 rounds that deal 20-25 brute damage, change the rubber rounds to not cause any damage, simply stun and pain.

How about something unique, to differentiate from the detective but still feel different to sec, as well as fix the practicality issue?

How about a ballistic pistol that deals lethal damage, but is unlikely to kill somebody without a reload? Of course, with a choice for rubber bullets too to fix the non-lethality issue.

Aside from that, I'd rather a revolver rebalance than just giving them an egun.

Edited by Guest

What's exactly wrong with having a more better version of an instant stun taser Security has? All the reasons you listed were regarding the lethality of the gun, which is clearly not it's main intention, since it's made to be a stun weapon first, and an unreliable lethal weapon second.

EDIT: From the looks of it you just want the Blueshield to gain access to lethals from the get-go, which isn't something that was ever intended, hence the rubber bullets. Blueshield isn't some special head or Command, they're Security just like any officer, just meant to stick around the heads. Their way of dealing with threats should be identical to those Sec uses, which are non-lethal. If Red Alert is called, the Blueshield should be going to the armory to ask for an E-Gun just like any other officer, not whipping out their e-gun and setting it to kill.

What's exactly wrong with having a more better version of an instant stun taser Security has? All the reasons you listed were regarding the lethality of the gun, which is clearly not it's main intention, since it's made to be a stun weapon first, and an unreliable lethal weapon second.

Because you'll often have the less-than-lethal rounds causing serious problems. Broken bones, bleeding, it makes it lethal when non-lethality is required and not lethal enough when the exact opposite is needed.

He has a point, maybe change it to a weaker version of an energy gun that cant do as much lethal damage and uses up more charge to discourage its use. i mean you don't even have to make a new sprite (for now) just reduce its values, at least that's how i think it works.

Blueshield isn't security either. They are a bodyguard. Their primary (and effectively only) job is to keep the Heads safe and healthy. It's not their job to arrest or kill people. They incapacitate and get the head(s) to a safe area and treat their wounds. It's not your job to make arrests though you can restrain or otherwise watch over a threat until security arrives.

And stop calling the Revolver 'Non-Lethal'. Tasers and Disablers are nonlethal, Revolvers are 'Less-Lethal', which means their intent is to incapacitate. When used responsibly, they can kill, and if the wounds aren't treated you'll die too. I feel BS should keep the Revolver. It suits the role, though should be seen as a last resort weapons. The only other change I would make would be a 'Red-Alert' Rifle or SMG in their office that fires rubber bullets as well, though I can't think of any way to prevent Blueshits from grabbing it early and wandering around with it in Green or Blue except to maybe make it spawn in an RnD lockbox that requires HoS or Captain access to open.

I'm seeing a trend among the community in that because certain roles are listed under 'Security' in the manifest or have Security Channel access, they are being played like security officers. This includes Blueshields, Internal Affairs Agents, Magistrates and even the Head of Personnel or Captain on occasions. The ONLY role that should making arrests is Security Officers, if need be the Warden or Head of Security can apprehend a suspect if Security officers aren't available. If you don't spawn with a set of handcuffs, call the real Security Officers and focus on doing your own job instead of screwing up someone elses.

One of the features I like about the revolver is that while it is less than lethal, using it has consequences. You can’t just go around shooting people. The taser can be used in many situations and can serve as a primary option. The revolver is one of last resort as it will send someone to medbay. At the sometime since it is not as powerful as other weapons, it does not unduly unbalance game play.

If the clown truly poses a threat to a head of staff you can shoot them a revolver. If they slip someone on a banana peel you can hit them with a disabler. Not having the disabler option I think may lead to interesting outcomes that have nothing to do with shooting anyone. I still view the BlueShield role as a primarily Role Playing one and I think the revolver fits with that opinion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use