Zombie Gamemode

Tren7654

Hi, I have had this idea for a while and I need to put it out there or my head will explode.

So, during a blob game mode I thought "Hey, why cant we have a round entirely base on Zombies?" and so I thought it up

It could be like a virus outbreak round to start, but the virus kind of turns people to zombies and destroys higher thinking processes. For the crew to win they have to eradicate the zombies, but for the Infection to win it must infect all of the crew.

Pardon that this is very vague, I tried to leave some room in case it needed to be changed to work

So Xenos?

Don't take me wrong, I'd like to see it happening but there was something similar, in the very past, called the Epidemic gamemode, its still in the game files but not used anymore.

I don't really have any strong of feelings of disagreement or agreement over this tough. So I'll let the others talk.

Kinda like Xenos, but starts as a virus, the zombies could have buffs but they would for sure have a action that's bite and the would spread the infection

honestly I think a zombie mode would be kinda cool if done right, you can even have people control their zombie self. I think a virus would be a good idea but zombies are only dangerous in large numbers and wiping out half the crew at the start isn't fun. so perhaps maybe a shuttle full of corpses could crash into the station and all hell breaks loose. maybe the shuttle could crash into a random location on the station making it more difficult to counter and with some random people with the virus turning into a zombies around the station. that sounds pretty good to me.

so it starts out with ai zombies and will eventualy change into player zombies or die out - sounds good

would be bad if the shuttel hits cargobay or the amory. or hits a solar panel and the zombies float into space

I remember one honkvirus outbreak - you were running to safety in dorms to meet up with sane people with a gas mask, with the AI guiding you. It's scary! The moment you see your best friend(s) honkified...

I remember one honkvirus outbreak - you were running to safety in dorms to meet up with sane people with a gas mask, with the AI guiding you. It's scary! The moment you see your best friend(s) honkified...

I remember that! I was in atmos, it was absolutely terrifying! especally when people started tapping on the glass asking for help... honk.

Suggestion, Randomly for a round in this gamemode the zombies are honkzombies instead of just normal ones.

• 1 month later...

Hey, anyone here know someone that is good with spriting?

Err....Wjohnston, Nienhaus...probably enough to go on from there. Both can be found on the TG and Paradise IRC, respectively.

honestly I think a zombie mode would be kinda cool if done right, you can even have people control their zombie self.

I think having them control themselves as a zombie is a bad idea. It would result in people intentionally getting infected to play as an antag. Having a ghost randomly selected to control it, or even putting zombies on the "Respawn as an NPC" list may be a better idea.

I could see how this could work, though there are still a few issues:

1. Round starts as normal

2. 10-30 mins in, centcom report about the virus, followed by around 10% of the crew (selected from pool "be zombie " opt-ins) being given a couple minuites warning to position themselves before turning into a zombie

3. Zombie players are immune to instastun, but susceptible to stamina damage. Aggressive grab-click will bite victim, infecting them. Once infected, host dies within five or ten minutes, no cure. Any dead body will also turn into a zombie after an extended period, but longer than if they died via bite. Corpses of ghosted/disconnected players become AI zombies which are easier to kill but obviously react faster and act quickly compared to players. zombies can only be killed via either destroying body beyond usability or by removal to brain, similar to criteria for cloning to fail.

4. Game end conditions:

-Major crew victory: All (perhaps most to avoid gameflow issues) zombies disposed of successfully

-Minor crew victory: x% of surviving crew escape alive. Perhaps CC quarantine is lifted after 2 hours following the beginning to allow an escape by an overwhelmed station to still have a chance at survival?

-Neutral: Escape shuttle leaves without surviving crew critera met or any zombies on board

-Neutral: Nuke successfully detonated by ERT/Centcom sending the code.

-Minor Zombie victory- Post-quarantine shuttle leaves with 1 or more zombies or infected survivors alive

-Major Zombie victory- All (perhaps most to avoid gameflow issues) crew members are either dead or zombies

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use