Mechanic - Towing other pods?

Afelirick

Mechanic is hardly a necessary role to have filled, and this isn't a situation I've run into often, but at times in space you run into empty pods, and some not so empty. I recall once trying to find a way to rescue someone from a pod, I don't know if they were dead, dying or SSD, but an admin confirmed someone was inside, and we weren't able to come up with a way to get them out and take them stationside short of blowing up the pod. Which I'd rather not do.

So, what if there were a spacepod component that enabled you to tow other pods? I mean, you are a mechanic, towing is definitely something that fits the job. And the idea of bringing back an extra civilian or security pod for station/security use, while not using the materials to build them, sounds pretty neat.

Maybe a mechanic to allow the emergency ejection of a dead/ssd/unconscious pilot, too.

I don't have any idea if these are even remotely feasible codewise, or worth the effort, but I figured I'd toss it out there.

Yeah, I'm no programmer so I can't even begin to imagine what kind of work it would take or if the game itself would be able to manage it well enough to be worth it, but I figured it was worth a suggestion!

And definitely, being able to pull pilots out would be fantastic. But I've only encountered a single situation where I felt like it was necessary. Then again I don't do mechanic too often, either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use