Give Cyborgs/Androids the ability to point.

davidchan

Title says it all. Cyborgs are unable to point at objects or person to better highlight something to other players.

For those who don't understand, when you play as standard crew, middle clicking on any object you can see will cause a red arrow to bounce up and down and point at the relative tile. The textbox will also state 'Your character points at selected object.' This can be insanely useful for pointing out objects to someone from across the room or telling people where to stand when you are working with them, to pointing at paperwork you need a Head to sign or stamp.

Cyborgs, do not have this ability. Middle clicking cycles their active modules. So, for example, as a cyborg you are unable to point out a criminal or suspect in escape hallway that's being spammed with people talking, fighting or being buffeted around by wonky pressures and gasps.

Changing Middle click to point and giving borgs the blessed ability to highlight objects would be a massive headache saver for anyone who plays a cyborg and needs to draw inattentive crew's attention to an object or area when they can't be bothered to monitor the chat box.

Wait, you can CLICK?!!

I used to type point-to and search for desired object in list of everything around me.

It used to be right click - find the item and point. Using the point-to verd is a nifty way way of finding something in a room if you aren't quite sure where it is. (point-to stamp for example, or point-to a gibbed person's head after a bombing)

Of course, dueto revisions in the last few months, right clicking on a stack of objects far away from you only shows the top object. You need to be close enough to alt click to get specific items in a stack.

You can can also point objects you are carrying or wearing, which is one reason I would love to get borgs the ability to point since chasing people dragging a dead a medborg with my defibrillator out gets old real quick, especially since you have about a 3-5 minute window for it to even have a chance of working.

Just SOME way of clearly highlighting an item that an item/person/area of interest that the borg is incapable of doing himself (searching bags, putting beakers in machines, reattaching limbs, APC building/installation, Plasma Tanks to Radiation Collectors, ect...)

• 3 weeks later...

Juses Crust is my idol. Unfortunately, I tried to code this, and it just fucks up the module changing thing, which can easily be fixed if it wasn't for the lazor pointing. To do this you have to copy-paste the whole thing over. This would result in my PRs lynch. Sorry guys.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use