Uses for things that already exist

Wisewill

Adamantine is relatively rare on mining. I think it should be grindable so it can be turned into a liquid. Then put in beakers in cryocells. It should be consumed then when the next person uses the cryocell and make their bones unbreakable. Hell this is even touching on a new science department idea I've had, cryonics but thats for another thread. Please post ideas for things that exist in the code right now but are currently useless/pointless.

Mythril isn't really used either and plasma shards are hardly considered a weapon as far as I know, because of their little damage.

Plasma spears - As normal spears, but with more toxin damage.

Adamantine/Mythril can be applied to any tool or mining implement on the spot (Or perhaps prepared with a welder?) to make it better.

Adamantine welders deal more damage and hold more fuel.

Mithril tools work faster than normal tools.

Adamantine wirecutters and multitools act as insulated gloves.

Mithril picks pick faster (Diamond drill fast), adamantine picks can pick through standard walls.

Mithril hardsuits lose all movement penalties, Adamantine hardsuits buff the hardsuit to riot-armor levels of protection.

Mithril eyewear of any sort provides welding goggle level eye protection at all times, without sight penalties. It also retains the original properties of this eyewear.

Outside of mining, Mithril and Adamantine can be applied to various semi-restricted non-consumables to make them Better, with the theme of Adamantine being "More" and Mithril being "Faster". Mithril and Adamantine cannot be applied to the same item at the same time - Pick one, not both.

Examples: Mithril Riot Suit has no movement penalties, while Adamantine Riot Suit provides 1/2 the reflection/absorbation of Ablative and Bulletproof vests and retains movement penalties.

Mithril Spacesuit has no movement penalties, while Adamantine Spacesuit provides hardsuit level protection.

Mithril applied to a taser or stun revolver will double your shots per recharge, while Adamantine applied to a taser or stun revolver will double holodamage inflicted (Oldstyle one-shot stuns)

Mithril applied to a spear will remove the requirement to two-hand for maximum damage, while adamantine applied to the spear will multiply maximum (But not one-hand) damage by 2 (1.5?).

Boom - Adamantine and Mythril are now coveted, rare resources on par with diamonds.

Notes - Yes, these are overpowered. They're intended to be - They're balanced by the extreme rarity of the materials involved, and that they don't show up as terrain on an optical meson scanner. Par for the course is to go entire rounds mining without encountering mithril or adamantine, even after finding 30 diamonds. Mithril and Adamantine should be a super-rare treasure, used to create superpowered items, horded greedily and used sparingly. Typically, they're found in stacks of 5-7, so different item types may cost different amounts to augment - Exosuit five, tool one, weapon three, and so forth.

Plasma spears - As normal spears, but with more toxin damage.

Oh god every assisstant breaking my beautiful plasma external windows.

Adamantine hardsuits buff the hardsuit to riot-armor levels of protection.

You want to say that the CE hardsuit is made of adamantine? My beloved armor absorbed a lot of emitter shots, totally protecting me for any damage. But it still needs to be fire-proof! Fix eeeeet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use