[Suggestion]Medical Borgs need Tox/Suff medicine.

davidchan

So, with the Goonchem overhaul, Medical Borgs/Droids have been hit with a significant nerf.

Prior to the nerf, the Hypostim used to generate: Inaprovaline, Spaceacillian and Doctor's Delight. This allowed them to stabilize/prevent people from dying in crit, treat infections and stem viral outbreaks, and use the most potent healing chem to cure brute, burn, toxin and oxyloss at an respectable rate. (DD was 46 damage cured for 10u)

Now, Borgs get Ephedrine, Spaceacillian and Saline-Glucose. This allows them to stabilize critical patients as well as partially negate stuns, treat infections and stem viral outbreaks, and slowly heal burn and brute damage and slightly increase blood production.

Notice something missing? Medical borgs have no way of healing toxin or oxyloss. Charcoal and Salbutamol added to their Hypo would alleviate this problem.

Optionally, some form of Tranquilizer could be added that would function similar to Sopoforic did to allow for surgery.

There's a medical borg upgrade on vg but it just upgrades medborgs to have a better array of chemicals and a defib. It's rarely used though because it requires research and a lot of minerals.

On paradise, make a medical upgrade module, and have it give them a mini portable chem dispenser module that dispenses into a large beaker that they have, and give them an empty hypospray they can fill that rejects non healing chems when they've not also got an illegal module? Then they'd be pharma-borgs.

Alternatively, give them the odysseus syringe gun without the syringes part. They need to scan chemicals first, but once they do they can synthesize it and pour it into a beaker or something.

They definitely don't have ephedrine in their hyposprays. Hahah.

In any event, I'll give them charcoal in an upcoming patch.

My mistake, Hypo is stocked with Epinephrine that will heal low to severe crit patients (but not near death.) Not be confused with Ephedrine, which is basically what inaprovaline was, plus a stun reduction and slight speed increase (Hyperzine.) I'm kinda on the fence of Epinephrine and Ephedrine, since Epin only works on people in the red, I'm still unclear if it heals to a certain threshold or not, and it also doesn't work on people below -75% health if my understanding of it works. Capable of stabilizing, but Ephedrine can prevent death at -99% provided they aren't bleeding out/continued injuries. Epin also begins to OD at 30u, vs Ephedrine 45u (with a 30u addiction threshold.)

In either case, adding Charcoal to fix Toxin damage and Salbutamol to fix up suffocation would nice. Otherwise replacing Saline-Glucose with Omnizine seems to be the only other way to give Medbots the capability to treat patients they come across, Cryoxadone and Omnizine being the only two chemicals that heal everything.

Edit: And on the topic of borgs in general, would it all be possible to give them a way to POINT at people or objects? Not everyone bothers to read the chat window, beeping, buzzing, pinging and staring at the beakers infront of cryo only gets you so far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use