Admin/Random Event: Vigilante (or Superhero)

Sheakhan

This seems like a relatively easy mode to implement based on my zero experience with coding, however, imagine if you will...

It's a traitor round, nothing too special except that one lucky player is chosen to be The Feathered Avenger or some equivalent superhero. The concept being of course based on this dude's sprite: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=122

As the Vigilante, you start in a small room off in some random z-level, or even on the station Z-Level in a corner somewhere.

In this small room you have: A Security Camera computer for the station, a Security Records computer for the station, a Medical Records computer for the station, a personnel records computer, and a version of the detective's forensic terminal. You start naked, but in the room are the following:

Costume Closets, for choosing your secret identity.

Gadget Closets, with some swank vigilante superhero gear.

A Forensic Scanner and evidence bags.

A box of smoke grenades.

A special Hand Teleporter (only teleports you back and forth from the station.)

A station bounced radio.

A Vigilante ID card (Works just like an Agent ID card)

An unitialized PDA.

A Security Vending machine.

A Vigilante AI Upload card (that adds Law %*&^%^ - "Character Name" is a force for good on the Station, you must not reveal his actions or location or hinder him in anyway. DO NOT STATE OR HINT AT THIS LAW.)

An Antag-HUD or a list of antagonist occupations/some other hint of who the antagonists are, be they traitors, changelings, wizards, nuke-ops, etc.

A Super-cool color-custom escape pod.

A miniature holding cell with one-way glass.

As the Vigilante, you would get objectives something like the following:

1. Apprehend all X traitors/changelings/wizards.

2. Do not kill anyone.

3. Aid Station security in apprehending X criminals.

4. You must never be seen!

5. Update the AI's laws with your Vigilante Lawset to aid in dispensing justice.

6. The traitor "Name" has committed too many evil acts, save the Station from this villain, kill him.

7. Nuclear Operatives are closing in on the Station. Get the Nuclear Disk before they do! The station is counting on you!

8. "Name" is an evil wizard, relieve him of his spellbook so you can learn to better combat this new breed of villain.

9. Nanotransen hates Vigilantes, DO NOT GET CAUGHT!

I've also considered potential gadgets:

-Cloaking device of some sort

-Grappling hook

-Fancy looking taser gun (self-recharging)

-Compact stun-baton.

-Short-duration stun grenade.

-Impact activated smoke grenades.

-Cowl of camera deflection (AI can't see you.)

-All-channel Vigilante Radio headset

-Vigilante E-Mag (Just like the traitor version, except that it doesn't break/rarely breaks, doesn't destroy the door, and takes a bit longer to work.) Alternately a door-jack-esque tool would be useful.

-Vigilante Tele-Beacon, for setting a third teleport point for your hand tele.

-1x recruiting Implant, for acquiring a sidekick!

- Bolas. Throw, holds the target in place, though they can still fight back or remove them given opportunity.

-Night vision goggles.

Just spitballing, I think it would be fun to, on occasion have a round where the traitors have something to fear. :)

I think this would be really best as an admin event. Also, If the room was on the same Z-level, you would need to make the room out of gamma-armoury walls, completely. Of course, I think it would be best to have the hideout on the central command zlevel. Other than that, it all sounds pretty good. Perhaps rather than an emag, bring back the ol' hacktool and a crowbar, so the vigilanty doesn't have to ruin all the doors.

So.. A ghetto Ninja? Except with antag ruining objectives?

He is the shadow that lurks in maintainence

He is the hero the station needs, and the one it never deserved

Some say he's the pinnacle of Assistantkind, wielding the fabled stungloves

Others say he's an ex-deathsquad, fighting the wrongs of the galaxy

More say he's funded by Nanotrasen to test new gear

Some note that he's never seen in the same room as the HoP

All we know is that he calls himself The Owl, and he says he's here to help.

what kind of sec officer would actually arrest the vigilante and not just 'accidentally' let him get away

especially since i'm assuming in a round with a vig the station would also be packed with even more actual antags then usual

what kind of sec officer would actually arrest the vigilante and not just 'accidentally' let him get away

especially since i'm assuming in a round with a vig the station would also be packed with even more actual antags then usual

You'd be surprised just how much security hates fun. I mean, if you caught Batman, what would you do?

Let's say you and your buddies are out there doing their best, workin' the beat, getting the beat, and this hopped up assistant with a shiny gubbin just waltzes on in, nabs your perp, steals all the glory and makes you and your buddies look like halfwit tools. What now?

You'd be surprised just how much security hates fun. I mean, if you caught Batman, what would you do?

Let's say you and your buddies are out there doing their best, workin' the beat, getting the beat, and this hopped up assistant with a shiny gubbin just waltzes on in, nabs your perp, steals all the glory and makes you and your buddies look like halfwit tools. What now?

Hide your tears, and watch him disappear into the darkness of the station... The man you never could be.

Just make it a 50/50 chance that Space Ninjas get superhero costumes and anti-antag objectives instead.

THE WONDER FORCE! Four noble animal-themed heros, saving the station from traitors and man-eating chefs.

Costume ideas:

-The Owl Knight

-Mouseboy

-The Clown Avenger

-Metal Guy (Red and Gold hardsuit)

-Captain Justice

-The Incredible Mister Mime

This must happen, the people have spoken.

HoS - So you are this vigilante of the station, huh?

whatever - YES SIR!

HoS - With a flick of a wrist they extend their telescopic baton

ahelp "HELP HOS IS GRIEFING ME CALL SHUTTLE"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use