Extending Gavel

Osha

In that case, I propose a new idea. The gavel gives flavor text depending on if it's retracted or extended. Take the banhammer for example, you get a message about being BANNED 4NO REISIN if hit.

Now imagine the gavel. If retracted, if you tap someone with it they get a `Not Guilty` messge that is heard by others in the same room, E.G:

Urist McJudge hands down a 'Not Guilty' verdict to Sam I. Am.

While if extended, it gives a Guilty verdict much like the above.

Urist McJudge sentences/hands down a 'Guilty' verdict to Sam I. Am.

While I love the idea, the magistrate should not be engaging in combat, and I fear this would encourage judge dreads

Everyone with an ID able to access the Bridge has a telebaton, except the NT rep, who has the vastly superior fancy cane.

Make the telegavel a reskinned telebaton with funnier hit text.

Or even just leave the hit text alone.

Seriously, magistrates are high-ranking officials - they should have some means of self defense, and a reskinned telebaton as a gavel is equivalent to what every other Command-level role has at their disposal. Yes, this might 'encourage' Dredd behavior - but if they're going to try to take on syndies and lings and the like armed solely with a telebaton, well, they deserve their horrible death.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use