FreeStylaLT complaint

RobBrown4pm

The point of this forum is to have well thought out and clear complaints. Quite obviously all complaints must be polite. Posts that display too much anger or unreasonable thought will be removed. We do this to get feedback on what we do.

How to format the post:

Admin Key: FreeStylaLT

Complaint: During the process of transferring Flip Kirkston to the brig from detention for damaging a Sec borg my character was assaulted by Bulma, who was in security for w/e reason as a civ. She disarmed me of my baton as I attempted to use it to defend my self. The baton was out of charges, and while it was in her hands I attempted to use my taser on her, but to no effect as it was seemingly out of charges as well. I defended myself to the best of my abilities and initially was only going to hit her a couple of times to ensure my safety, unfortunately I did excessively hurt her and unknowingly put her in to crit. I was contacted by FreeStylaLT and asked the obvious question as to why. I explained my self and after a lengthy conversation to which I'm sure he has the logs to he quoted the following rule.

"PM from-ModFreeStylaLT: An excerpt from the rules: When provoked into extreme anger a punch or two may be realistic but Nanotrasen doesn't hire people who bludgeon someone to death with a crowbar when angry or bored. I understand that you were more or less provoked into some form of action, but beating Bulma into crit was not an appropriate course of action, since it is excessive violence that was not necessary in any way given the fact you were being threatened by and dealing with non-violent, disarming/stun means."

I replied with:

PM to-FreeStylaLT: Fair enough, duly noted.

And then I got this from him, which is why I'm here making this post.

PM from-ModFreeStylaLT: Consider this a warning, next time this happens you will be facing a jobban or worse.

Look I get it, I did something wrong, I broke the rules, but I paid for it. IC I received the demotion without any hassle and handed my sec gear back in. I also listened to the mod and accepted a warning. But then I got the "OR worse" treatment. I'm sorry but that's quite unprofessional. I'm a relatively new player to the game in general and this type of warning from a mod really grinds my gears and irritates me. Couldn't he have left it at "Hey here's the rules, don't do it again. Was it really necessary to bump it up to the "OR worse!" stage?

Let me point first that FreeStylaLT is just a moderator, and as a moderator he is unable to issue any kind of bans. Now that you know this, don't you feel more relaxed?

And I think you misunderstood what he wanted to say. You beat someone almost to death with a baton, as security officer, that's not just excessive violence, but also falls under shitcurity. The moderator contacted you and explained your wrongdoings untill he was made sure that you understood what you did wrong.

But your problem with him seems to just be the last two words. Well, he did not THREAT you there, he warned you about what could happen if you repeat this. As now you know why that's wrong, and because of that it wouldnt be just a second warning, but a ban. This is standart procedure in this cases, if you beat someone after being previously warned about it, you would be, in fact, facing a job ban or worse. What could be worse than a job ban? a temporary ban from the server or even a permaban, depending of how badly you fuck up. Example: If you beat 3 people to death and dont answer to the admin PMs when he asks you, you would then get permabanned.

But again, this is not a THREAT, the moderator was just informing you about what would happen if you happen to repeat this.

I'm sorry but that's quite unprofessional.

And no, this is not unprofessional, not at all. It's actually more than it's required from mods. He was at all times polite to you and did not mistreat you, even if it might felt otherwise to you.

Anything else?

My only problem with the entire conversation was the literally the last two words of his last reply, that's all. I felt he got the message across that he needed to get across, I just didn't like how it ended is all. I know I fucked up and I admitted it.

And yes, I do feel more relaxed and I did misunderstand what he wanted to say. I do understand also the need to enforce the rules in this environment in such ways as this. Thank you for answering my query, mate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use