Knives

dreadweaver

There is a mistake every rookie chef makes. Or most of them do. Namely that they put their treasured knives on plates, and then not being able to remove them. Therefore, I propose to add both knives to the autolathe. I think you can already make kitchen knives, but the cutlet knife is the really critical item there.

There is a mistake every rookie chef makes. Or most of them do. Namely that they put their treasured knives on plates, and then not being able to remove them. Therefore, I propose to add both knives to the autolathe. I think you can already make kitchen knives, but the cutlet knife is the really critical item there.

This is an important point... except that there are more of the knives available than people realize.

There is only one NAMED cutlet knife, however if you hack the dinnerware, you can procure more knives that work as the cutlet knife. Their item path is

/obj/item/weapon/kitchen/utensil/knife

just like the cutlet knife, with the only difference being they aren't named "Cutlet Knife". This lack of standardization is the root of the confusion people have, and renaming the item would be the easy fix.

Ideally though, I want to combine the kitchen and cutlet knife functions into a single item, as it will avoid the confusion. As it stands, the cutlet knife is used for cutlets, and the kitchen knife for everything else. There is no discernible reason that the two should be mutually exclusive in terms of use, unless we greatly expand the kitchen mechanics further (julienne those carrots faster, slice those tomatoes, and for the love of god where is my diced ham!).

So, let me recap: You have more knives available, they just aren't labelled cutlet knives.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use