Victory Points

MrFinnT

Victory poins?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi there, first post of as i hope a long and annoying history of suggestion.

Victory Points

Victory points are earned at the end of the round for fulfilling objectives.

Of an antagonist accomplished all the objectives he gains one victory point

if the crew has a score over 10.000 Points every surviving and escaping crew member, means not cult, not rev, not any form of evil creature or antagonist, survives and escapes, they gain one victory point.

With 3 victory points you get 1 Karma point to spend.

If you fail to survive or escape or any of your objectives as antagonist you lose one victory point

You Could also lose one victory point for every faild objective as antagonist. (Discussable)

you can not go below 0 victory points, so 3 victory points are automatically set to one karma point and that cannot be lost except admin intervention or KarmaShop

To set in in perspective. if you play 1 game and earn one victory point you have nothing, if you play 15 games and earn one victory point each round you can buy the Barber for 5 Karma points and most of the Rounds are 1 hour or longer.

So only people who play much on this server can earch this points, no troll or griefer would easly earch 45 points for Blueshield to fuck up shit.

But it would provice some kind of reward for everyone who plays his roule (and punish bad cultist who dont even make notice of them untill the game says The crew managed to stop the Cult)

Point earnd

for fullfilling all your objectives the Sydicate gave you a Victory Point.

Point earnd

for working hard NanoTrasen gave you a Victory Point.

Point lost

for faild your objectives the Sydicate removed a Victory Pointfrom your Account.

Point lost

for faild your objectives Nar-Sie removed a Victory Pointfrom your Account.

Point lost

or a failed attempt of revolution NanoTrasen removed a Victory Point From your Account.

You eard 3 Victory Points, for this you get one Karma.

every surviving and escaping crew member, means not cult, not rev, not any form of evil creature or antagonist, survives and escapes, they gain one victory point.

This line in particular somewhat worries me. While I like the idea that a productive crew gets rewarded, it's very rare that EVERYONE alive at round end makes it off station. SSDs, unfortunately late-arrivals, and people who just missed the shuttle because the captain decided they needed to leave early wouldn't count as having escaped, preventing everyone from missing out.

Also, some rounds like Rev don't have escape shuttle endings. The round ends when the heads/head revs die/leave station, so everyone is theoretically still on-board when the score pops up.

The better way to handle it would be to say anyone on a pod or escape shuttle in typical modes (traitor, nuke ops, etc) would be eligible for the points if they break the point goal. Anyone left behind doesn't get it, but doesn't prevent the escaping people from getting it either. For rounds like Rev where it ends with everyone still on station, perhaps just award points based on which side the player is on in relation to the winning side. Any one on the rev team (revs and head revs) would receive points if the revs win, and crew / heads get points if the heads win.

Blob and malf rounds probably shouldn't be eligible for points.

I do like the idea that you need multiple points to get that karma point, rather than it being a 1:1 trade. I think that it should be more than 3 points though, if the entire crew can get points for simply being productive to avoid it flooding the karma system.

I'm not sure about this, I think that'd just encourage the play-to-win mentality. It would make players more competitive and a lot of anger would spawn out of players barely being left out from the escape shuttle, an antag missing one single objective because of something stupid happened, or one of the hundreds of things which may kill you.

Instead of admiring that antag who killed you and then then went to complete all his objectives you would instead be disappointed since he caused you to miss out on a point, and slightly envious of his.

I think instead of rewarding players who plays their role it would reward players who are paranoid and quickly hunt down and identify antags, who sticks to themselves from fear of being killed, and those who only cares about themselves (I've lost many shuttles trying to save someone calling for help).

Karma is not meant to be at all related to "winning" or achieving in game goals. Karma is to reward players for making the game more fun for others.

Rewarding karma for winning completely undermines this. People should be encouraged to make losing fun, not to win at all costs to gain karma points.

I could see perhaps a tally for how many wins/greentexts you've gotten, but this will never, ever, equate to karma.

never thought about it this way. you are right. (all3 of you)

to many Victory points would be givven out but on the other side people who deserves points but just barly missing them would get angry

now thinking of it i once had the goal to prevent any human to escape. an almost impossible mission if nothing like a random xeno event happens

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use