Regarding contributions to the wiki..

block1

I don't want to be that guy but I think I should at least be able to voice my opinion / suggestion on this since I personally feel pretty discouraged now a days due to some wiki articles not meaning anything anymore and other reasons listed below.. a lot of people have contributed a lot to the wiki, many articles would still be unmade if it weren't for a lot of players that enjoy this server and contribute as a way to help other players become more familiar with certain features, our contributions rarely are acknowledged and that's okay. But I do believe that at least a small amount of credit should be given back to the wiki editors simply as a gesture of noticing that we put a lot of time and effort into polishing the wiki a little bit more.

For an extremely long time the locations portion of the wiki was very unfinished, Artorp single-handedly completed the rest of the articles which numbered over about ten. Sure I did one or two and other did the same but I realized that Artorps contribution pretty much went completely unnoticed which is pretty.. sad. He should at the very least be thanked or rewarded.

And also the fact that since a lot of features have been either revamped or removed that also renders a lot of articles that people put work into non-valid anymore. Sure that's what happens over time, things change and such but the point I'm trying to make is that the wiki editors that further attempt to improve the wiki are never remotely noticed for what work they've done.

I simply believe that the admins should maybe do something as little as reward karma for completed and polished articles, say two karma. I once made a suggestion about rewarding people for completing wiki articles and an admin replied saying they did reward karma, maybe that was in the past and long forgotten but I think at the very least it should be re-introduced to welcome more people into wiki work and a simple token of appreciation for older wiki editors that don't really have much motivation anymore to continue.

But anyways, that's how I personally feel about the topic. I can't speak for others on whether they care or not about being acknowledged in the slightest for their work but I do still believe everyone who contributed should at the very least be rewarded.

I'm not entirely sure what reaction this post will get, whether it be negative or not but at least you'll know how one of your older wiki-workers feels.

Thanks for the shout-out block1!

One of the primary reasons I'm contributing to the wiki is to help new players ease into the game. I remember when I was new, I didn't understand much of anything and the wiki served as an invaluable source of knowledge. Now, years after, I'm still using it as a reference for a lot of things. That said, I am a little bummed out of how much goes unnoticed. Or at least it feels that way. You say ten pages were added, it was more like twenty, and a good fifty of them (pretty much everyone) needed an update, which meant new screenshot of each locations cropped and uploaded, updating content list, and sometimes new description.

I recently made a new thread as an overview of things I've added and worked on. I will of course keep contributing to the wiki where I see fit, but I like the suggestion of some sort of reward, be it karma or otherwise. I suspect at this point I have put more hours on the backdrop of the game (be it wiki edits or pull requests) than in-game. Not because I'm some sort of altruistic saint or believe myself to be, but simply because I like being a part of something bigger and have something of value to contribute with.

I would appreciate some sort of reward or token of appreciation for the work.

I'd also like to thank block1 for creating this thread, this is something I've been thinking about lately but just never bothered to look into.

We're currently building a list of forum/wiki/sprite contributors and a quick blurb on each person's acheivements and will post rewards shortly. Yes it's overdue, we're getting to it now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use