Queen facehugger

Jguytriple5

Mark recently told me that alien rounds are no more and that they are going to live on as events or something like that. So i tought, why not have a facehugger with an alien queen egg in it. You know just like in the movie. Since aliens will be more rare as an event i'dd say releasing two regular facehuggers and a queen facehugger would be a great start for the event. What should make the queen facehugger unique? a black color. Just like in the movie. I'dd imagine this wouldn't be an incredibly hard entity to code, since we already have regular facehuggers. And it will make give the event a great kickstart

In the Alien universe, most infections happened when people weren't that close to surgical attention.

In SS13, surgery is pretty easy. Basing the chance of the event getting off the floor on whether or not a person is too stupid or too devoted to RP or too far from medbay to get surgery is a bad idea, as 90% of the time, unless the aliens secure the hosts in their hive, then the person facehugged'll get to medbay.

larva can evolve into drones which can evolve into queens.

We don't need a special queen shortcut facehugger.

I believe the idea is actually to force someone to become a queen at the beginning so you don't just have the only alien larva evolve into the dead-end castes of sentinel or hunter. Forcing one into the queen role will ensure that you have someone capable of laying eggs to propagate the infestation, as opposed to a hunter who gets themselves wrecked early and ends the event too quickly.

I wouldn't necessarily mind this idea, personally. You just would need to make a queen facehugger and queen larva that can only evolve directly into a queen (and nothing else, maybe it matures faster too?) to make this work properly. These would only be spawned at event start and through adminbuse, so the queen can't just create an army of queen facehuggers halfway through.

I believe the idea is actually to force someone to become a queen at the beginning so you don't just have the only alien larva evolve into the dead-end castes of sentinel or hunter. Forcing one into the queen role will ensure that you have someone capable of laying eggs to propagate the infestation, as opposed to a hunter who gets themselves wrecked early and ends the event too quickly.

Exactly

i understand the idea i just dont think we need it

Initial larvae often don't turn into a queen, which immediately ruins the event, because a player who is too new or dumb to become a queen is also very likely too new or dumb to do anything besides immediately get killed.

We need to force the first larva to be a queen. Don't give it any special powers, don't make it some special snowflake. It is a limitation, not an advantage, that is necessary to force the event to at least have a chance to get off the ground, so to speak.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use