Cargo Ordering

Streaky Haddock

Change the Cargo Ordering Console to be more of a vending machine that you order specific items (and QUANTITIES) from and the Cargo guys can accept/deny each item, reduce the quantities etc. This is obviously more complex than it sounds since you'd need to come up with prices for individual items but it'd be much more convenient than ordering an entire art supplies crate when all you want is the camera.

In addition, they should have all the vendors. All of them. Maybe even a Protolathe + R&D Console. The RD already has the ability to restrict a console's access to the RnD database anyway.

Honestly this'd be great. I can't tell you the number of times I've ordered crates when I only want literally one item out of it.

For instance, Bone Gel. Bone Gel can only be acquired from crates, and there's only two on the map, so if those go missing all mechanical organ/bone surgeries become immediately impossible without a surgery crate which can take 5-10+ minutes depending on if there's a cargo department or not.

... Why wouldn't you just send the excess items you didn't want back on the shuttle? Or store them in the warehouse that exists solely for that purpose?

However, you REALLY should get a list of what's in a crate when you're ordering it. Not everyone has the master list of contents like a few of us with the code and the ability to read it do.

... Why wouldn't you just send the excess items you didn't want back on the shuttle? Or store them in the warehouse that exists solely for that purpose?

It would be far simpler to just uncheck a box then work out what to do with the spare mop bucket the janitor doesn't need.

The supply shuttle obliterates everything on it when you send it back. Everything. I once sent it back with a cargo telepad on it and teleported myself there with an RCS, but I found that I could not get onto CC (dangit) but I also had my entire character deleted and I became a ghost in the arrivals shuttle, similar to what happens when a vampire mistforms into an rwall.

The supply shuttle obliterates everything on it when you send it back. Everything. I once sent it back with a cargo telepad on it and teleported myself there with an RCS, but I found that I could not get onto CC (dangit) but I also had my entire character deleted and I became a ghost in the arrivals shuttle, similar to what happens when a vampire mistforms into an rwall.

Ahaha, a sad end.

Didn't realize that, guess it was changed. But even then it still stands, I don't want to have to open a crate up, throw the stuff out that is useless and then send it on its way.

I'll be frank; I don't think the amount of work required to put into this would make it worth it in the long term; it's going to be a large amount of work to retool an entire system just to solve a relatively minor problem. While I realize no pre-set system will ever be perfect, the recent cargo overhaul did help cut down on crate content waste (and sometimes costs) so there's less overlap and people are getting more what they want from said crates It's also worth mentioning that the current system has a really nice feedback loop that would be messed up:

(1)you order stuff

(2)stuff comes in crates

(3)crates take up space/are annoying, but there's no incentive to really do anything about it (initially)

(4)Crates grant points if sent back to Centcom

(5)Incentive to get rid of the crates generated and gives cargo something further to do.

That said, when crates generate points (which IMO is an excellent thing), it has a consequence; no crate can be less expensive than the cost of the crate+a stamp manifest, or else you can just keep ordering+stamping to generate unlimited amounts of cargo points.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use