Additions to Mortuary

Radman2307

Greetings all,

Was playing as a coroner for a little while today and realised fairly quickly stationary is very limited as is the office space in general in the morgue.

I had to run outside to grab paper, I didn't have access to folders for individual cases (all important photo and report need to be kept together in my opinion.)

The coroner can be a really interesting and in depth role when played properly I just think more needs to be available to the coroner.

Once again, the (useless) exam room should be changed into an autopsy room/storage area for the mourge. Would also mean we can fit more mourge trays in. (Maybe.)

Agreed,

The mortuary seems to almost be an after thought with medical but in reality it is such an important area that sees wide use almost every round.

The exam room is useless never seen a need for it since coming back, it just feels massively out of place - a proper coroners office would be much better

I'd like to see the coroner get a proper office with the following:

Paperwork

Files/folders

Pens

Filing cabinet

Photocopier

Stapler

Body Scanner

Fax (to fax reports to Security/Cent Comm)

Coroner stamp (to authenticate autopsy reports.)

Edited by Guest

The Coroner doesn't need a fax machine.

I don't know, it'd be useful to fax reports on to Security - potentially cent Comm as well depending on the nature of the death (command staff)

The coroner should be it'd own stand alone role - not just a part of the MD role. The role of coroner is very different to that of a doctor, they don't treat patients, the look after the dead and ensure autopsies are carried out accordingly.

Their role is a very important one in the grand scheme of things.

Coroner is fine as an MD role. I love being a Coroner, but I am quite often the only person in Medbay who knows what he's doing, and I like the flexibility of being able to pitch in and actually keep medbay moving. One of the lovely things about the dead is that they're not going to go anywhere, they can afford to wait a little longer while I fix someone's broken leg.

Coroner is fine as an MD role. I love being a Coroner, but I am quite often the only person in Medbay who knows what he's doing, and I like the flexibility of being able to pitch in and actually keep medbay moving. One of the lovely things about the dead is that they're not going to go anywhere, they can afford to wait a little longer while I fix someone's broken leg.

From a practical point of view you're right but realistically... not so sure.

Still a point we can agree on is that the role needs a proper office with access to paperwork, scanners etc.

Please also make the autopsy scanner latheable, I can't tell you the amount of times someone has derped off with this thing all "hurr durr" or "just because".

Changelings that think they're smart for taking the autopsy scanner when there are CLEARLY HUSKED CORPSES are just flat-out silly.

Please also make the autopsy scanner latheable, I can't tell you the amount of times someone has derped off with this thing all "hurr durr" or "just because".

Changelings that think they're smart for taking the autopsy scanner when there are CLEARLY HUSKED CORPSES are just flat-out silly.

"Oh I wonder how he died..."

This is why I play SS13, you can always count on the player base to bring a smile on your face.

Seriously though expand the mortuary area and implement a coroners office.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use