Know Your Enemy clarification.

IvanGovno

This post tells us that every crewmember knows that Syndicate, Changelings, Revs and Cultists do exist. What about other antangs? Regens and Adrkiller59 told me to stop whining about antagonist identification and that EVERY crewmember knows EVERY ability of EVERY antagonist. I remember the situation when Regens played blueshield and when a man vanished in front of (her?) in purple cloud she immediatly concluded and told the crew that this person used move through walls and it's either Vampire or Wizard. When i tried to bring this question up they gave me link to Know Your Enemy thread that doesn't mention no wizards nor vampires and i was banned for 2 days. She also said i butthurt too much and need to grow up. What kind of admin is it, lol? Not only ADMIN plays the game which should be avoided at all costs (from my experience of owner of 500+ online rangarok online server), she is also metagame like it's the last day of earth.

So please tell me, what are actual rules about identifying antagonists? Who is right in this situation?

I talked to main admin (ZomgPonies) and he said that if i need RP rules i should go to another server. This pretty much concludes it.

Paraside Station - A perfect mix of RP and Action (0:100).

Not really, no. If you want pure action, go to /tg/ 1 and get your powergame on. If you want pure RP, Baystation's thataways. There's RP here - Less than dedicated RP servers, but enough of each to keep most of both crowds satisfied. There's robustness here - Less than powergame servers, but more than most RP servers.

A Robust playstyle necessitates at least some knowledge of antagonists. If you don't say flat-out in the rules, you'll wind up with people circumventing it through character backstories. Ex-Deathsquad mercs, hard-boiled seen-it-all types, et cetera. The generally accepted convention is that everyone knows all antagonists, however they may or may not know their capabilities, goals, methods, and numbers.

If you see ghosts flying around the station, you might assume there's some occult "Weird Shit" going on, but you may or may not know that a cultist has used a See Invisible rune to see a ghost, then hit that ghost with his tome to make him always-visible. Not because your character doesn't know that, but because most players don't know that and so you probably didn't know that. The safest assumption, and what I've been going off of, is that if you know it, your character also knows it. When the shit hits the fan and we need to thermite into the AI Core, I'm not going to say that I don't know the recipe by heart, because I know it in real life, in SS13, and in character.

Roleplay, but don't handicap yourself to it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use