Remove exam room, swap Genetics and Morgue placement on map

michellebaren

Recent map changes in Medbay have made Genetics super cramped and they even lost one of their Cloners in the process. Getting cloned in game was already god awfully slow at times and didn't really need to be slower with the loss of a cloner.

Another change in Medbay was the addition of an examination room.. while it makes sense to have it and it's good for RP.. most people are going to get their examination right in the lobby and never step foot in this place.

My suggestion is to:

Remove Exam Room

Swap Genetics and Morgue's placement on the map.

Why swap Genetics and Morgue's placement? The aim of it is to make Genetics more accessible to crew, be it for dropping bodies off or to even have a window to go to (like chemistry) to pick up an SE they may need.

Why remove exam room? It's.. useless.

Pros: Makes Genetics more spacious! They could have their second Cloner back again. Genetics would also be more accessible to crew and this could make getting cloned faster due to them being able to see bodies left in the lobby. Not only that, but.. We could potentially see their SE's (super powers mostly) in use much more, and used by the crew at that rather than themselves. They could even have a window like Chemistry does for SE pickup/"prescriptions", heh.

Cons: Morgue would still have to be accessible somehow for Chef and Chaplain without them having access to Genetics. I really don't have an answer for this one right now..

I agree with removing the examination room.

Swapping Genetics and Morgue makes little sense for this reason:

Genetics are a part of Science.

Yes, they help out with cloning in medical, but they fall under the jurisdiction of the Research Director. This is why Genetics is the "doorway" between Research and Medical. The Morgue and Robotics have maintenance between them to separate them for this reason.

Also, the Morgue has access requirements from Chaplain, Detective (and possibly Chef and Security, I don't recall) , moving the Morgue further into medbay is counter-intuitive. People shouldn't have to move through maintenance, or another department to get to their access requirement.

ADD IN A BODY SCANNER

This would be super useful. Also instead of having the exam room I'd suggest it be reduced in size and become an autopsy room as FJ45 suggested.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use