Backstory Subsection

Shadeykins

Seeing as this is le forums for a roleplay server (even if it is medium), make a subsection somewhere specifically for writing character history beyond a generic template, because currently there's no real place to put that sort of stuff.

Pretty much every single anything where roleplay is involved that has a forum, there's always a backstory/history section.

Some people actually enjoy writing, and some people actually enjoy reading.

I don't see you listing the section with a generic template (which I mentioned by-the-by) as a solution here.

It also helps flesh out the lore.

Seeing as this is le forums for a roleplay server (even if it is medium), make a subsection somewhere specifically for writing character history beyond a generic template, because currently there's no real place to put that sort of stuff.

The Crew Records section of the forum (linked above by fj45, but here it is again: viewforum.php?f=32 ) pretty much is exactly what you are looking for.

The template is there for those who want to use it, and is in no way mandatory or enforced (unlike the ban appeals template). I've read a couple introductions and records that do away with the template in favor of something more creative, and this is of course welcome!

If you are thinking something more in line with backstory anecdotes however, I think no one will complain if you include them in the crew record as a separate post/comment in the same thread as your record. Stories about rounds have their own section though.

That's what I thought, but the "This is just to avoid confusion and allow everyone to read about your character easily. It would be preferred if you did follow the template exactly, however you are free to add in your own sub headings if they are relevant." part of the template lead me to believe that writing out an actual backstory/too much fluff would be frowned upon.

I suppose an easy fix is to just change that part of the template thread? :D? That's what confused me about that section.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use