Do away with the HOP.

EagleEye8045

Should the HOP's job be removed?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the Influx of players on board the station the HOP's job is becoming harder and harder. He has more people coming to him for a job change which causes the wait times to be longer. This is a problem for people that wish to play the game rather wait in line to receive the job that they want. This is why I suggest that the HOP's job is done away with and automated computers in-game take over. I person could for example stick their ID into the computer, select the job that they want and the head for that department and the captain are both sent a PDA message. If either one responds with yes to the message the persons ID is given that job and ejected from the computer. I think that this would speed up reassignment times. Now in regards to the Chain of Command being broken I think that the NT Rep should take the HOP's place for next in line for Captain. Since the NT rep represents the wishes of NT.

This has already been suggested in exactly the same way and it just wont work for the simple reason that an automated system can never take over the full job of a HoP + the fact that the PDA system would be very abuseable.

To start off with the end of your idea. The NT Rep isn't a head of staff. Never was intended to be, never WILL be. They just represent Nanostrasen (Which Command should do already...)

If you have the second in the line to the throne as some guy that can only fax Central, then you'll quickly find the HoS barging the Rep out of the way due to the fact the Rep does sweet fuck all otherwise (Unless the Rep is burning the Captain.) The HoP's power also gives him that little bit of authority, a by the books HoP can request all paperwork is done, no matter what, so you have to try and be nice to them.

Finally, the issue with the line is the exact reason the recruiter is there in the first place! I admit the recruiter DOES need a better position (Thinking along the terms of combining a few embassies and having it face out towards the bridge) but the recruiter already serves the purpose of taking weight off the HoP's shoulders... Only thing that needs done is for all those IDIOTS to actually go to the recruiter when they are told to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use