Balancing Cyborg Modules

Wisewill

Since Ponies issued that one nerf to engiborgs I've been thinking about this and have came up with what in my opinion would balance robot modules with each other so that no other single module would be drastically better than the others at just damn near everything. Here's the changes I think should be made.

Medical Cyborgs

Should be given Scalpel, Surgical Saw, Cautery, Retractor,Hemostat. This allows it to perform nearly all surgeries but the ones requiring hands and finer tools.

Service Cyborgs

Should be given Chef's Knife and the Tray should be able to Deposit food into all of the Chef's machines. This allows it to make just about all drinks and food but the more complex ones.

Standard Cyborgs

Should be given Soap, Sec HUD and Beaker. This allows it to perform more tasks that the other modules can do but with lesser efficiency.

Security Cyborgs

Should be given Pepperspray and a slight increase in Health and Speed over other modules. This module should be considered one of the toughest of the modules to destroy.

Engineering Cyborgs

I know their self repair just got taken away but I think making the self repair a channeled action that requires the robot to stay still would make it not nearly as OP. Other than that Engineering Cyborgs are fine

Mining Cyborgs

Hydraulic Clamp and the ability to store one crate or item internally.

Janitor Cyborgs

Should be given Bucket, Fire Extinguisher.

Combat Cyborgs

Already terrifying but their Thermal vision should be replaced with X-ray vision if anything. I consider this module more reliant on energy than the others so increased health or speed is not needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Concept: Overheating. Every action the Cyborg takes should produce a base amount of heat which is charted with the currently useless fire indicator on the cyborg GUI. It can also be raised if the temperature of a room is too high/on fire. Heat would decay at a rate dependent upon the temperature of the surrounding area over time. If a cyborg is overheated its modules should begin taking electrical damage.

Service borg with knife is fine

"would you like me to cut the cake, sir?"

What got my attention is normal borgs with sec hud

Why would a NORMAL borg have SECURITY hud?

My reasoning is that Only two borgs currently can tell what is wrong with a person and that is medical and standard. Only one borg however can tell if someone is wanted or not without manually checking and that is the sec borg.

if medical cyborg had those tools it should at least have bone gel and setter, and another note it would need someone to put the guy on a table, roller bed etc

others i have no real problem with except the standard should not have sec vision it would have no need for it

It's a good idea, but the best attribute of cyborgs right now is that they can go into space and into fires, so unless there will be some upgraded plate or something to build in the fabricators, I don't think it should be implemented, because it would ruin a lot of cyborg's life, for example when you holofire.

Horrible, limits cyborgs too much or is redundant, you choose

The fact that they have to recharge is enough already

Alright switch mindset time. I set these suggestions out trying to balance modules with the engiborg when I should have been trying to balance it towards what cyborgs are geared for in the first place. Being generally more efficient than their organic counterparts at general aspects of their job but lacking fine or specific traits or abilities of that job.

This isn't really a 'balance', it's a buff. Save the overheating idea, which has already been shot down, it seems, everything on here empowers the Cyborgs more. They can already take twice the abuse of humans before dieing, and can come back from the brink of death with a welder and 5 minutes in robotics. The fact of the matter is I see you playing mostly cyborg and AI, and believe you opinion in this is biased. The changes suggested here do not make the Cyborgs better at the job they selected, it makes them more powerful as whole.

Yea which is why I restated in the previous post. I wanted to bring them all up to engiborg levels but instead should be focusing on suggestions that fill the mindset that cyborgs are suppose to be more efficient at general aspects of the job module they loaded. Uc_guy mentioned maybe giving mediborgs the ability to place people in and out of cryo/sleepers or add a scanning module to their hypospray both of which are good ideas as the mediborg is fairly useless when compared to a doctor in anything but retrieving people from space.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use