Nerf hallucinations a bit

Wintermote

In particular - the people spawning and constantly hitting you. If you're near a radiation source, like the supermatter, these hallucinations stunlock you because you get them so often. It makes doing ANY kind of work around the supermatter impossible. Not just dangerous - impossible. You're stunlocked while taking massive amounts of radiation damage.

I don't want radiation to do less damage, I'd just like the stunlocking hallucinations to be cut down or removed.

In particular - the people spawning and constantly hitting you. If you're near a radiation source, like the supermatter, these hallucinations stunlock you because you get them so often. It makes doing ANY kind of work around the supermatter impossible. Not just dangerous - impossible. You're stunlocked while taking massive amounts of radiation damage.

I don't want radiation to do less damage, I'd just like the stunlocking hallucinations to be cut down or removed.

Wear mesons---problem solved. You can't work around the Singulo without mesons, and the SM is noooo different.

to quote the code directly:

// If they can see it [the shard] without mesons on. Bad on them.

That's why you get those snazzy rad suits outside the SM, you shouldn't be going near the thing without them on.

They don't offer 100% protection, doesn't matter if you have them on or not. It just buys you a bit of time. I was wearing a suit with 80% radiation protection as it was.

That's why you get those snazzy rad suits outside the SM, you shouldn't be going near the thing without them on.

They don't offer 100% protection, doesn't matter if you have them on or not. It just buys you a bit of time. I was wearing a suit with 80% radiation protection as it was.

Rad suits should be full protection, I guess that has been changed since I left. That's dumb if it's true since that's about the rad protection of the CE's suit.

I double checked just now, the suit I was using was 80, but the radsuits are 100, so I was wrong about them not offering full protection. (Unless they don't? I'm not sure if 100 provides 100% protection from the damagetype or not, I'd assume it would though.)

A full rad suit is 100% radiation protection; the suit itself covers every part but the head and has a rating of 100; the hood obviously covers the head and also has a rating of 100.

Additionally, all engineering jumpsuits have 10 radiation protection.

Being in the SM room with a full rad suit and mesons means that you're not going to be suffering a single bit of radiation damage or acquiring any hallucinations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use