Wow, I lobby for greys a lot. Here's my thoughts on the buff

fludd12

I love the fact that greys can communicate from anywhere, which is VERY nice for those who dislike using anything but telepathy (like me). However, I still have some issues with the telepath system. Nothing new needs to be changed, unless you want to remove the all-range telepathy for balance.

My "Project Mind" Idea:

• Zero delay. PDAs have no delay, Speech has no delay, so why something that is basically a cross of the two?

• I am okay with removing the HTML ability. As nice as it was, I can see how it was abused. However, the blue "You hear a voice echo..." text is VERY easy to miss, and not very customizable, which, in my opinion, was a big draw as a grey. Perhaps implement BBCode, like writing has?

Telepathy while unconscious Don't do that! Since you can communicate with everyone, this would break MANY antags!

If you choose to keep the *talking to anyone anywhere* thing, maybe make it put the people in the room bolded, at the top of the list, or both? Right now, finding someone in the room is difficult.

Also, here's some stuff which could be added if you really want, for some plusses / balancing.

Optional Stuff:

• Maybe, to balance the being able to communicate with everyone, have two telepathy abilities, one that works short range and has no delay, and one that has a delay like the current one and can communicate with anyone?

• Perhaps have the telepathy menu include an identifier for who is a grey, so you can know your brethren! (And who not to play pranks on with anonymous telepathy)

Keep people with mind shielding on the list, but make it so that if you try to contact them, you get knocked out or something! (Southern Conspiracy Theorist Voice) That'll teach 'em for trying to project their mind rays into my brain!

Thanks for considering my buffs/debuffs!

Also, thanks to Mark for responding so quickly to my last request. Sorry for making more!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use