Buffing Greys

fludd12

This was a topic over in bug reports for some reason, so I am putting the general information here.

Right now, here's the buff/debuff list for Greys:

Buffs:

• Telepathy on startup

• Sulphuric acid is to greys as water is to humans.

Debuffs:

• Super Unrobust

• Water is to greys as sulphuric acid is to humans.

I really only got greys for their amazing spawning with telepathy, but telepathy is INCREDIBLY nerfed. 10 second delay, and only when the person you're contacting is on screen and you're not passed out.

Now, I can understand making it for only people on screen, as otherwise you might discover antags before they do anything, but the 10 second delay? The restriction to being awake? Sort of unnecessary, especially when this requires you to have one of the easiest to exploit weaknesses out of any race, unless you bother to do genetics for half the round.

Thoughts?

The telepathy button is still there when you're unconscious. Also, since we're keeping the range limit on telepathy, there's not much you could do with unconscious telepathy besides direct someone through your own surgery.

THe button is irrelevant. Just because it is there, you can't use it whenever you want. It's unavailable while unconscious for 2 reasons. FIrst, because you have to THINK to use telepathy, and when you are knocked out, you don't do an awful lot of that, and secondly, it would be WAAAAAY to overpowered, as you would screw up antags way too hard. What about when you are para stung, or sleepy penned? 'Halp! Urist McChangeling is ateing me!!1 don let him griff me!'

What kind of changeling are you that you can get away with eating someone in front of half the station? The point is, since the range is limited to people you can see, it would be DIFFICULT, to say the least, to alert someone to your problem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use