Open/Closable Job Slots

Streaky Haddock

One interesting feature we could implement is the ability for the HoP to open/close job slots....because obviously, all job slots should be closed and 50 clown positions should be opened in their stead (joking aside, this is pretty much my reservation on the feature).

This is a suggestion I've been meaning to make for ages before being reminded by the quote. I personally would LOVE to see 10 clowns in a shift but whether or not you object to such wonderful fun ideas, it'd be nice to be able to replace a job slot from someone who wasted it but didn't go SSD, or a traitor who you're keeping alive, or from someone who suffered a gibbing at the hands of a traitor/admin/misadventure.

The HoP, Captain and NT Recruiter should definitely have this ability. Assign a Doctor to Engineer? Open a Doctor slot, close an Engineer slot. Virus sweeping the station, but all the Doctors are incompetant? Open up the slot for more docs. This way players will be able to use their discretion as to what would help solve a solution.

Of course, there's always the risk a prankster could raise the amount of Captains in a station up to 100 but if there's not a hard-coded limit to that, then it could be punishable if not by admin intervention, then certainly space law.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use