Return intercoms to their 7-8 tile range

Wintermote

Willing to give this a shot for a week or two, but I'd rather not upset the balance of a value that's been this way for literally 2 years now--especially considering this is a gigantic nerf to stealing headsets and effectively allows the AI to hear the entirety to the station again (minus maint).

I would have something to add that could restore that balance, it's actually a thing that bothered me for quite a while. A intercom has this interessting sprite with buttons and lights and stuff. I think this lights should totally display the settings of the microphone and speakers.

So a skilled player could see the intercom state from just looking at the sprite. It needs to be small subtle change to the sprite that you only notice if you are consciously looking for it. Like the green light been shifted a few pixels to the right when the microphone is on.

While a good idea, intercomms are just toooo small to noticed.

Case in point (and the light is bigger/more obvious): you can tell if someone/something is in a disposal by the light on it, but in practice, it's just too difficult to notice/keep track and people who hide in them are nearly always in the category of "never found".

But that's exactly my hope, you should only notice the difference if you have reason to be paranoid enough to take a good look at the itercoms around you.

Edit:

Or you can catch it the moment the AI turns the microphone on, if the AI is not smart enough to predict where you are going to talk and turns them on before you arrive.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use