Department-Specific Security Offices and Guards

mrbits

Haldo,

On several other servers I've played on there have been small security offices found inside each department. Each office has a desk, filing cabinet, locker with some basic gear, a security terminal, a camera terminal that links into the cameras of the given department (medical, engineering, etc.) and a charger for tasers, batons, etc. Oh! And a book on Space Law.

Furthermore on these servers, one security officer is randomly assigned to each of these departments at the start of the round. They spawn with the appropriate department armband on their uniform (R&D, Supply, etc.) and their IDs are tweaked to allow them access to the department's DOORS - they don't have clearance to use the machines or unlock the lockers in the department. Also, if a new security guard joins the round and a department doesn't have an assigned guard, that guard would be assigned to that position with all the tweaks as if they had spawned in at the start of the round.

I feel the danger of people breaking into the security offices to steal gear is mitigated by putting that gear in lockers, and the minor increase in clearance for a few officers shouldn't provide too much room for new abuse (and having the department assignments be random prevents dedicated troublemakers from picking which department they want to terrorize.)

We already have a similar office in the Medbay where a dedicated officer can sneak in to steal pills be on-hand to deal with violent patients: It would be cool to have dedicated officers in other areas to respond to saboteurs, space carp, intruders and the clown.

This sort of change would require some coding and likely some mid-major remapping to fit these little offices in, but I think they'd make a great addition!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use