/vg/ style supermatter

PJB3005

Okay, so, i've been having so much fun on /vg/, especially playing MoMMI and making the SM pumping LOADS of power.

but that just isn't possible on paradise, why? because the SM code on /vg/ is way different, you're supposed to leave the emmitters on, shooting at the SM with 4 emmitters at a time, and being able to tinker with it so much.

The current SM is absolute garbage, it produces next to no power, has a WAY higher upkeep, and isn't antag proof, having the SM on the station is only a danger, one that many engineers decide to just lock up as tight as possible once the singularity is started.

The /vg/ SM however, is fucking brilliant, I got 4 fucking emmiters shooting at it 24/7 and it's still 100% stable, producing atleast 10x as much power as your stupidloth can ever dream of, and guess what? actually requires skill to set up, seriously, I can be working on the SM for atleast half an hour before actually starting it, just getting the most out of it, it's really fun, and has good antag oppurtunities too!

The round after I'm typing this, I set it up to (actually requires more things than just the SM ported, but I can do those once the repo isn't a fork anymore) have it's vents closed until the temperature reached 2300°K, at which point it would rapidly cool down to 50°K, it'd even get up to the 25% critical stages before it'd cool down, and people wanted to lynch me for it the first few times, but got used to it, then a borg ruined the fun and disabled the coolant pumps, and waited 30 minutes before it'd blow(it could've been 5 if it wasn't to dumb to think about my exotic SM design), because of how nicely it was setup, and guess what, even when it reached 70%? nobody gave the slightest of a shit anymore

here's a quick comparison:

Normal SM:

• pros:

none

cons:

incredibly volatile

doesn't produce close to the amount of power to warrant it's danger

can't tinker with it, unless it's things like moving the collectors closer, it'll end with the SM being ejected

to easy to sabotage

/vg/ SM:

• pros:

has a WAY higher skill sealing

produces enough power to be worth having

good setups can be way more rewarding, skill required

doesn't even NEED a mass driver under itself, the space vent is a waste of collectors place anyways

sabotaging can be harder if you're not smart enough, but if you are, sabotage can be the same as the current SM

cons:

nothing worth mentioning, really

TL;DR: /vg/ SM is love, /vg/ SM is life

Guessing that they're just using Bay's alpha version of the SM, which essentially never failed and produced insane amounts of power for practically zero work.

If it's about balance, change some values, also, it only ever should fail if in antag hands, which it easily can

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use