Expand on the whole remote signaling gadgets

SpaceTimeNow

I really like the idea that you can hook up the remote signaling device to airlock systems, or use a proximity sensor to send a singal to your other remot signaling device to act as a small alarm, but i would like this tools to be expanded.

Like a device that can be programmed to play a certain recording / or sound when it recieves a singal. Like a propper alarm instead of a remote signaling device beeping. The beep is to generic and you can't distinguish what signaling device recieved a signal if you have more then one. Or why not make it send a short predefined PDA message?

I was also thinking about how to built a clever deathtrap as a antag. Like once someone enters the room the the proximity device sends a singnal and the cameras go out, lights go out, the airlock lights go dead and the airlock bolts drop. Next, the atmos shuts down and a gas canister opens. After one minute another signal is triggered that reverts everything back to normal and the AI just sees a dead guy in a room that opened a canister. And as long as nobody screws some panels open and finds the deviced attached, they would never know..

In theory i think it sounds freaking awesome, but practically you stumble into problems left and right:

- How to hide a proximity senser with a signaling device attached. There is no hide mechanic for it and the sprite of that is ginormous.

-What if the persons moves two tiles away and back, the person triggers the proximity device again and everything toggles everything back to normal.

-You can't lock the remote signaling device, so the person could just pick it up and send the signal manually again.

- Most likely the airlock would bolt open because you can't send a airlock close signal and a bolt singnal at the same time, the airlock bolt signal wins and gets executed first so the airlock most likely blots open instead of bolting shut, so you need some tool to delay certain actions.

- Can you even hook the a signaling device up to a camera or the lights? (i am actually not sure, can you hoop up signaling devices to all exposed wires?) But even if you can, a pulse would only hold for so long on certain wires. Many of them reset with time, like powerwires. Maybe a traitor item that cuts / mends wires when a singnal is send?

- I don't think you can hook a transfer valve with a remote signaling device up to a canister and just release the content, can you?

There could be done so much cool stuff done with this, either good or bad. But you are left with a few tools which all seem just be there to be used for bombs, where things like sending the same signal twice wouldn't matter anyways, because boom.

You can put a laser on the device instead of proximity. Making it only work if they break the laser.

What keeps the person from breaking the laser twice? It might be invisible but i would would think 9 out of 10 people would turn around and move to the airlock that just closed and by doing so break the laser again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use