Dungeons and Dragons

PokeMoney

I played D&D quite a bit for some time, but all my group seems to have flocked off to do life stuff now, so I've got a few characters just sitting around. My favourite one is a level 11 Drow Bard/Ranger hybrid named Einar Silvermoon, with a focus on attacking multiple enemies and buffing allies, along with having a Spider beast companion named Alcaeus. I should try to get a group going again...

Man. Dungeons & Dragons has gone through so many iterations that 2 people can play completely different systems and still correctly say they're playing D&D. Hah!

But I digress. Dungeons & Dragons is pretty rad. I'm on a sort of hiatus from high fantasy right now, but I've played in as well as run a couple of short 3-5 session campaigns using the newly-released 5th edition. I feel 5e is pretty good, its a return to its original intent of being a tabletop roleplaying game - as opposed to 4e, which was (in my opinion) a pen-and-paper MMORPG complete with dungeon raids and gear grinding. I totes suggest people check out D&D 5th Edition. It's easy to pick up, quick and fun but still allows complexity and depth in its execution.

Also: Some doofs here on Paradise Station did a D&D campaign using Roll20.net a few months ago. They can prolly tell you how things went and provide any info/tips on assembling and running a campaign online!

I'm going to be running a one-off in about a month or so. It will have as many players as are interested (Somewhere between 2 and 479734). It will run a modified D20 modern and play out like the original Alien movie. You'll all start out on a pretty large map with one xeno. Last one alive wins a cookie.

I have always wanted to play DnD, but my friends are busy/lazy/not nerdy enough/fun enough. Sounds fun, sign me up, I can't wait to meat Flipius of the order of Kirk, mage of forbidden knowledge (Am I doing it right?)

EDIT - Do you need a webcam for it to work? Or if you just had a mic would it show the cam as blank?

So, I have a question: Just exactly how similar is DnD to True 20, if anybody knows? I am told True 20, if anybody doesn't know what that is, it is just simply a less rule-y and less complex version of DnD. The last and only True 20 campaign that I played was pretty cool, it spanned over 4 years, before finally we just sort of went story mode to conclude what everybody had in mind. I played an adept, one of the only adepts in the game, and I basically broke the game with poking holes in everything everybody wanted to do. For example: Slaughter a whole tribe? Nah, diplomacy with the leaders, now a whole tribe is willing to join my characters cause. I never had the time to join the second campaign, but the GM and I spoke about making it "anti-me" proof, lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use