DNA Scrambler

cheburek34

Now that I read it again, I see its hard to understand, maybe had to do with a friend talking to me at the time. Alright, I'll explain with more detail, when you setup your character you can choose a flavor text that is basically explaining your physical appearance and some extra things, and then there is the sprite editor, where you choose hair, skin color, etc. When you use a DNA Scrambler, your sprite changes, but not the flavor text, wich still describes your former character. My suggestion is to remove the flavor text anytime you use a DNA scrambler or change appearance being a changeling.

They are specifically referring to the blue text when you examine someone, like Medusa's "She is a stern woman, but she acts justly." or Fox's "They are a 5'11" red fox."

It would be interesting if (for changelings at least, maybe even genetic injectors) when you transform into another player's character, you copy whatever flavor text they have (blank if they don't have it set).

This would more or less be taking the original idea a step further, but would make changelings and such more devious. Currently, if I manage to copy your appearance utterly and completely through a UI+UE injector or a changeling absorb/transform, I retain whatever flavor text I had at round start. This would mean copying a player who DOES have flavor text would allow me to be identified as the false one based on the flavor text not matching their actual description (hey, that human isn't a red fox! He must be a changeling, get him!), which is questionably meta.

Obviously this would present an issue with cloning mishaps (changed hair color, now a chick, etc), so perhaps the flavor text would be tied to the UE (name) and not the UI (features).

On the topic of flavor text, perhaps the flavor text should also be displayed only if you can actually see the body and face of the person being examined. If they would be displayed as Unknown without their ID on (wearing a gas mask, hardsuit, etc), I think the flavor text should be hidden. Not only would this simply make sense (how can I see their scars if I can't see THEM?), it would also help traitors pose as someone else without their own flavor text giving them away as long as they stay covered up.

Stances are extra RP flavor.

For example, let's say your character got shot in the stomach, you set your stance to something like: "NAME is pressing his hand on the gun wound on his stomach", and that will show up when people examine you.

I can be set on the IC tab, too, I believe.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use