New organ harvester job for the traitor uplink

Cara

Similar to the contractor, you are given specific organs to fetch from people (the reason lore wise could be anything from syndicate VIPs with a sick taste for a captains liver to a dying corporate bigshot in need of a necessary compatible organ that can be found on station), and you can sell these organs for additional TC. Im thinking it should be cheaper than contractor, but balanced out by the increased risk that comes from removing organs. Starting equipment could include a surgery set, a sleepy pen, ketamine to refill the pen, etc. In addition, the given uplink could have a special shop dedicated to things like better surgery tools, sleepy drugs, and other things that will make harvesting easier. To prevent people from murderboning their targets instead of just putting them to sleep, maybe add a requirement that their target needs to stay alive until after the organ is removed and sold for the contract to be valid. This is just a random idea and id love to have any feedback on balancing! 

I think this would be fun but I think there would need to be an incentive to not just kill the target to get their organ.  

I like the idea of more objectives for traitors that don't require killing but to me it seems like organ harvesting would just result in the easiest solution being to kill the person rather than using tools to put them asleep.

I do think that people missing organs would give medbay an additional issue they may need to deal with that doesn't come up as often.

Maybe having the target die would damage the organ, causing severely reduced reward or something

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use